Compensation pay outs for those in Yorkshire after last months sonic boom caused by scrambled jets

I heard tell hat the building in question was entered both into the simulator and used during flights as a recognisable feature way point -

Re the subject matter - I though it had been proven (conclusively) that sonic booms don't crack ceilings and shatter windows - unless the aircraft comes bloody close (at which point ad black soot oil and fire damage from the ABs
It's true. It became a landmark but the RAF did I'm increase their altitude to give the guy a break.

The MOD says the planes are strictly controlled, but sometimes break the sound barrier when national security could be at risk.
My bold. And for that very reason alone, MOD should show two fingers to the compo-chasers.

QUOTE="Ceres, post: 7250236, member: 136931"]One country house owner got 2 million in compo. The judge declined to order the RAF to cease low flying over his house.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that the bloke who bought a house that was in amongst the approach lights to Wittering when the place was stuffed full of Harriers?

I heard tell that the building in question was entered both into the simulator and used during flights as a recognisable feature way point -

Re the subject matter - I though it had been proven (conclusively) that sonic booms don't crack ceilings and shatter windows - unless the aircraft comes bloody close (at which point ad black soot oil and fire damage from the ABs
Although I would agree I suspect that the cost of defending the claim would out strip the cost of paying up "hundreds of pounds" and in the long run make a saving.

One country house owner got 2 million in compo. The judge declined to order the RAF to cease low flying over his house.
Wasn't that the bloke who bought a house that was in amongst the approach lights to Wittering when the place was stuffed full of Harriers?

not sure of the detail

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer