Compelling reasons for a remake of the Dam Busters

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Gun_Brickie, Mar 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A bit of a giggle:

2. Cant believe he didn't mention the dog has the same nickname as a Martin Luther King had a school.
  3. If remade, would the aircraft be B17s?
  4. No but Barnes Wallis will almost certainly be a yank.
  5. Don't just look at the photographs - read the subsequent posts below them. LOL!

6. Written by Neil
    Who is this cnut, and does he need an Upkeep shoving up his arrse?

No need to remake the film, the 1954 version was definitive.
  7. Hi All,

To be fair, someone else on the site queries this, and although he doesn't exactly make it plain, he's quoting the German museum's view. He thinks it's tosh too.

Best Regards,

8. When I last looked at the Moehnesee Dam, I don't recall it yet having this symbol on it:

9. Maybe it is hidden away down the bottom end of the lake....

You know, where the would start their runs :D
  10. They will all be yanks, or Ausies, or Kiwis, or South Africans or Martians or stoats. You WILL NOT see any Brits because there IS an agenda.

Mark my words, you'll see. You'll see. :cyclopsani:
  11. I hear Mel Gibson is currently editing the script....

It was all the fault of the Evil English you know.

Esp that Barnes Wallace, laughing manically as brave Commonwealth, Scottish, Welsh and Irish not to mention a few "essential" Americans (without whom the whole Op would have failed), flew to their deaths but somehow managed to pull the whole thing off.

And that Bomber Harris was no better, murdering all those Ukranian and American, Scottish, Irish, Black, Lesbian, Single Mothers with disabilities working behind the dam.... for the Evil English speaking Nazis.

Guy Gibson, didn't actually have a dog called Nigger. He actually had an African Slave, called Cuthbert. It was changed in the original film by the Evil English, to a dog.

And he didn't actually fly on the mission, as he had a bad leg on the day. It was actually a brave American tourist who was passing by and saw lots of despondant aircrew (mainly from America too), so without any training (apart from crop spraying in Idaho) bravely led them to the air with a stirring speach about freedom or some such carp.

The part where an American reservist crew, flying a prototype B-17, accidentally dam-busted the Ladybower dam in Derbyshire (because the Union Flags flying on it looked like Union Flag colored rockets) will be hushed up in the film.

Also the Americans came up with the whole thing.

And one American crew stopped off on the way back to free some POWs and steal an Enigma machine....
  12. Chocolate Frog, I salute you!
  13. Nice one CF.
  14. Hmmmm...... After reading Mel's treatment of the new script, I'm having visions of the new incarnation of Guy Gibson: Monocle, a lordly accent with a condescending "Haw-haw" (like Lord Cardigan) every time he speaks, an ever-present pink gin, a handkerchief up his sleeve, and his slave Cuthbert carrying a parasol to shade Gibson, and a fly-whisk to keep Guy free of flying gnats.