Comp to DVD

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by looney, Sep 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What format must a movie on a computer be before being burned to a DVD-R to view on a DVD player?
  2. most i do are AVI a program called convertXtodvd << one word .... then all u do is convert it...normally takes an hour and it will burn automatically....if u wanna know more about it pm me and ill direct u.

Here click download, not buy
  3. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

You have to convert the avi, mpeg or whatever file you have into a VOB file that then has to be burned onto a blank DVD in a specific structure or it won't work. That is unless your DVD player can read computer type video files such as MPEG, XVID, DivX etc. Some do so check the front of your DVD player for the relevant badge.

Good info, tutorials and links to relevant (and free software) can be found here
  4. That another way that is where your dealing with 4.3gb way you are dealing with 1gb files that burn to disk perfectly using less space on you pc. It is amazing that you can get practically any film advertised in Blockbuster down your pc in 30 mins to watch
  5. Ive used this program for a long time now. Best Ive ever found for the job. Well recommended.
  6. Use a program called dvd download very good for burning most files to dvd, failing that the latest version of Nero also works well, All depends on how you are getting your dvd files, are you downloading using torrents etc or just simple copying....
  7. Im using 3 now, well faster. U using 3?
  8. VOB

The source format, AVI, FLV etc. is changed by the burning software e.g Nero.
  9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

NERO is good for most things
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I find 13m burn times to be extremely important if you are doing it all the time. Say several times a day. But as I do one DVD a year, 3 hours over night is not a big ask..
  11. 3 takes between 30/40 mins on mine.
  12. Thanks for the advice.