Community texts/emails

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by skintboymike, Jul 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello ladies and gents, I'm not sure where to put this one so I'll just spread my bets and post it alles über die platz. :)

I've been involved in several community projects in and around my station, but to date I have been rather underwhelmed by the amount of people taking part in them. It's not that people aren't interested - I'm often told by Doris/Janet etc that they and their tribes would love to take part, but they never hear about events until it's too late, if at all.

The publicity for many of these events is achieved by publishing an advert in magazines, or putting posters up in NAAFIs and cookhouses, but this isn't cutting the mustard. As an example, there is an advert in this month's copy of our local community magazine to advertise a Masterchef competition that I've helped organise. The magazine only arrived through letterboxes in some areas today, but the competition starts tomorrow morning so I will be very surprised if anyone turns up at all.

I'd like to try to put information out instantly in the form of a regular text or email service for the local military community and their families, but apart from messaging everyone individually I'm unsure where to start. Does a facility exist whereby I can send regular emails/texts to registered members? If it does, can anyone help me to set it up, or even just signpost me to examples which are in use already?

Cheers in advance, SBM