Community First Responders

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pride, Apr 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am interested in becoming a volunteer Ambulance Service trained 'Community First Responder'. Does anyone else belong to such a group or have experience of one?

2. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

The RAF stations have some people doing this. A Cpl who worked for me (loggie type) was a fully spammed up Paramedic and had done that for ages and then also did "locum" ambulance crewing and cover at film sets and the like.

So, ask the Crabs on e-Goat.

3. one of my best mates is due to do her course in the next couple of weeks I'll ping her a message and ask what the SP is

4. Thanks mrrandom, that would be great.

5. now worries, out of interest where in the UK roughly you from as that might make a big differance

6. Despite the propaganda shoved out by the NHS ambo services, CFRs are used to manipulate response times and at the expense of REAL Paramedics. Please think about the bigger picture before going down this damaging route.

7. have you tried posting this on the RAMC/AMS section of the forums?

8. I was a CFR for 4 yrs for OAS & SCAS (Oxfordshire Ambulance Service & South Central Ambulance Service) and attended 120+ jobs

If sometimes helps to explain what's your previous first aid experience, your realistic expectations and how much free time can you spare per day, per week, etc.

Feel free to PM

9. Oxfordshire

10. Had a CFR come out when my old man managed to knock himself out after falling over (he's 79 so it was a worry) the CFR came out and was excellent. Then the ambulance came and they worked together quite well.

As a whole, I think it's a good idea, but think that it's being used to massage attendance figures.

11. I will look carefully at this.

12. I agree with your response times comment, but I have yet to see any actual evidence that CFR's are having an impact on 'REAL' paramedic's.

CFR's, which although has the habit of attracting a strange breed of do-gooders and blood thirsty Red Cross and St Johnnies, do not claim to be, act in any way that can be attributed to or strive to be considered as REAL paramedics. Do you have 1st hand working experience of CFR's or are you jumping on the CFR/PCSO/Retained Firefighter bandwagon?

And as for the 'damaging route'; damaging for whom and in what way?

13. PM me

14. sorry to be a twunt but the police volly would be a special rather then a PCSO

15. Yep my bad, Specials. **** me I should know, I was accepted as one before work forced me to withdrawl my app