Communications Engineer - Systems engineer info

Hi I'm leaving for pirbright phase 1 training in 4 days in hopes of becoming a Comms engineer systems engineer. I currently only know that the phase 2 training is in Blandford and some other details but other than that I don't know too much. Is anyone able to provide some insight into the role?

cheers in advance

Depending on unit role. In summary though setting up, maintaining and tearing down Communications systems and computer networks. If you’re going to a static unit, delete setup/tear down. Could be as mundane as password resets.

Depending on unit role. In summary though setting up, maintaining and tearing down Communications systems and computer networks. If you’re going to a static unit, delete setup/tear down. Could be as mundane as password resets.
Is the role given based on your ability? Obviously those that excel in their classes won’t be stuck doing password resets I assume?

Is the role given based on your ability? Obviously those that excel in their classes won’t be stuck doing password resets I assume?
That is an incorrect assumption I’m afraid. We’re the same as the rest of the Army, your posting is based on preference...sort of. You’ll get given a job when you get there, generally filling the gap left by the previous incumbent.

Latest Threads