COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER

Hey can anyone give me some insight into this job, communication sysyems engineer is it quite hands on etc, what a usual day would envolve and what the promotion prospects are like?

poet

War Hero
Any one here got any views on his job?

poet said:
Yes,

It is by far the best trade in the Royal Corp! and getting better!

Work hard, study, get qual'd up, keep your core skills current. And you shouldn't have any drama's.

I love my job, it's my hobby!!!!!!!

JB

Ooo like the sound of that jewboy, I'm due to go in as CSE soon. Any material I should be revising before I go in, to give me a better chance of passing phase 2?

dave_88 said:
Ooo like the sound of that jewboy, I'm due to go in as CSE soon. Any material I should be revising before I go in, to give me a better chance of passing phase 2?
Studying your coursework and being competent at what your trade requires might be a good start...

Dont get posted to SHAPE then. An IS post in shape has very little to do with networks........
Ive been looking for a way out since I realised this 2 months into my posting.

Its like every job in the Army. There are good postings and bad postings.

Anyone wanna swap???????

IS Ski Geek

War Hero
Robin,

That seems a bit odd. I spent two years at SHAPE. I worked on networks, Security and Exchange. All good stuff and set me up for the rest of my career in IS.

jewboy999 said:
poet said:
Yes,

Work hard, study, get qual'd up, keep your core skills current. And you shouldn't have any drama's.

JB
Shut up you spanker!

RobinHood said:
Dont get posted to SHAPE then. An IS post in shape has very little to do with networks........
Ive been looking for a way out since I realised this 2 months into my posting.

Its like every job in the Army. There are good postings and bad postings.

Anyone wanna swap???????
Yeah I'm at an ATR! It's boring when no recruits in.

Forsaken_Child said:
jewboy999 said:
poet said:
Yes,

JB
Shut up you spanker!
FC

I was taught by the best Spankers in the business :p

JB

Ord_Sgt said:
dave_88 said:
Studying your coursework and being competent at what your trade requires might be a good start...
Thanks for the advice, but I was asking what I could do to prepare for phase 2, not what I should do while I'm in phase 2.

dave_88 said:
not what I should do while I'm in phase 2.
You certainly shouldn't "do" Fat Alice down town

dave_88 said:
There is a single, simple answer to that question:

MATHS!

They will teach you everything else from scratch.

Mark22 said:
Hey can anyone give me some insight into this job, communication sysyems engineer is it quite hands on etc, what a usual day would envolve and what the promotion prospects are like?
depends where you are mate - 16 Sigs was all over it like a tramp on chips but the highlight of the month as a CS Eng in 14 Sigs (EW) was putting a laptop and projector in the Officers Mess for a presentation.

Dii(F) has taken a lot of coalface work out of our hands.

happiness is a well researched PPP.

You would be stirring at least half the Corps porridge, so to speak. Not mine, ! was in the not THAT pissed half.

Couldn't have put it better, in 14 Sigs we were quite busy, occasionally setting up the projector in the Sgts Mess and NAAFI as well!!

RobinHood said:
Couldn't have put it better, in 14 Sigs we were quite busy, occasionally setting up the projector in the Sgts Mess and NAAFI as well!!
Could the chain of command handled things better?

Latest Threads