Commonwealth War Graves photography

I live near to the Harrogate CWGC cemetery, which has the final resting place of many commonwealth servicemen, primarily Canadian.

It occurred to me the last time I was there that many descendents of the fallen will never have the opportunity to visit in person. So I would be in a position to take photographs of specific Graves for them if asked to do so. I would also take photos of any documentation that may be available.
So if anyone wants to to PM me with a request please feel free.

If this is something that has already been tried, please point me to the thread and I can add my location to it

I was under the impression that IWM/GWGC had started on this in europe starting with WW1, not sure tbh, but this is arrse so i'm sure we will have the answer by daybreak.

I was under the impression that IWM/GWGC had started on this in europe starting with WW1, not sure tbh, but this is arrse so i'm sure we will have the answer by daybreak.
Whether correct/accurate or not.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I did this for an Australian lady who lost a relative near Messines
I took high resolution images both of his grave ( we laid a cross as well) the cemetery and the surrounding area
then later we took images from the Church looking over the battlefield, she has had the images printed out and they are on display at the local family historical society
as you say the chances of her or her relatives being able to make that journey are slim, but if a future generation decides to, they will have a little knowledge of what to expect
I had a very nice letter back from her, and a very very strange experience whilst in the Cemetery
I think it would be a nice thing for you to do, but take some overall images, plus a few of the local town they may have been stationed in, and copies of any entries in the graves book

Latest Threads