Commonwealth Recruiting Tap Turned On Again

What's the situation with regards to British citizens born overseas? Any residency requirements for them?

Yep., the wiki article shows a high pass rate amongst those countires that had some form of link to Britian.

What did you make of the releance of the questions? As a native born Brit , who has always been interested in History and Warfare, i laughed at some of them.
The relevance of a lot of the questions to anyone trying to integrate into a modern British society was pretty poor. Quite a few of them were very obscure. Don't get me wrong, some of them were nice and should be made aware to people vying to fit into the UK - I do consider it to be important that people should know the important bits of a country they want to be part of. But a lot could've been improved. Maybe they have since the time i took it.

Also, they left out some important questions like how they lost important territories in 1776..;)

The relevance of a lot of the questions to anyone trying to integrate into a modern British society was pretty poor. Quite a few of them were very obscure. Don't get me wrong, some of them were nice and should be made aware to people vying to fit into the UK - I do consider it to be important that people should know the important bits of a country they want to be part of. But a lot could've been improved. Maybe they have since the time i took it.

Also, they left out some important questions like how they lost important territories in 1776..;)

It's here:

British Citizenship Test 4

No taxation without representation, obviously.

ugly

LE
Eh, we got most of the Caribbean back eventually.

Did you mean somewhere else? :p
You are of course right, in 1776 those colonies were a tiny fraction of what was available and in fact an even tinier fraction of what we held. No loss really!

Lost them?...i thought that Brit and other Ex Pats defended them from a Tory takeover? ;-)

You are of course right, in 1776 those colonies were a tiny fraction of what was available and in fact an even tinier fraction of what we held. No loss really!
It was the potential of it all...imagine if you fellas still had the US under the empire... WW1 and WW2 would've been a different story

Of course, suggest we follow the Spanish model, no problems with dress regs, sleeves rolled up, shirt unbuttoned to navel some bling and a few tats? Will be a riot on London Pride?

Of course there could be an up side!

What have they got tied around their left thighs?

What have they got tied around their left thighs?

Cilice? Spiked chain worn by religious nutters of the bead jiggling persuasion as penance.

Ran through a few of the citizenship tests posted by BL and scoring high 80s, low 90s. We hairybacks aren't even supposed to know that stuff, the penalty being to have your biltong knife exchanged for a non locking short bladed pen knife.