Commonwealth national and Army recruitment

Hi all,

I'm a Cpl with the Singapore Army reserve, I'm studying in the UK at the moment with plans to stay in the U.K. after university. I've gotten clearance from my chain of command back home to join the Army here. I've got experience as a mortar operator and combat photographer. Was wondering how do I get about getting into the British Army's comcam unit or do I need to join as a rifleman and transfer to comcam?

If you are talking about joining as a photographer, then you need to join the RLC.

I'm not sure if you can join direct as a photographer, but i'm sure someone on here will be able to advise.

It might be better posted in the RLC forum @The_Duke

MB

LWilson

Clanker
If you are talking about joining as a photographer, then you need to join the RLC.

I'm not sure if you can join direct as a photographer, but i'm sure someone on here will be able to advise.

It might be better posted in the RLC forum @The_Duke

MB
I read somewhere that you can't join direct as a photographer.

Hi all,

I'm a Cpl with the Singapore Army reserve, I'm studying in the UK at the moment with plans to stay in the U.K. after university. I've gotten clearance from my chain of command back home to join the Army here. I've got experience as a mortar operator and combat photographer. Was wondering how do I get about getting into the British Army's comcam unit or do I need to join as a rifleman and transfer to comcam?
There’s a piece here about how to become an Army photographer. As mentioned above, it’s not direct entry, but it would appear that any serving member can apply:
An Interview with British Army Photographer Tim Jones
How did you become a British army photographer?
I found about Army photographers in Iraq. Upon returning, I arranged to meet a current trade member to find out about the trade and show them my portfolio. He then recommended me to be submitted onto the Photographic Trade Selection week. It comprised of a physical fitness test, an interview, a 10-minute presentation (on any subject apart from photography or military), basic Maths and English exams, a 24-hour exercise (with a shot list of 8 different subjects) and a few basic photography lessons. Upon successful completion of the selection, I started the 8-month Defence Photographers course at RAF Cosford.

Hi all,

Are you allowed to join though from the British side?

Latest Threads