Commonwealth Games 2022

Nope
Gen.

I'll find the clip on BBC Sounds later shouldn't be too hard, it was moments after young (17yo) Alice Capsey dropped a dolly of Catherine Brunt.
Nobody drops it on purpose.
Around the 16th over.

Brunt (hugely experienced and tbf bloody good cricketer) then really lost her sh*t.

Her Captain (and Wife) Nat Scriver stood at mid off couldn't calm her down (that got Agnew going!) but then MOST UNPROFESSIONALLY she had a pop at 17yr old Capsey in the middle of the pitch.

UNFORGIVABLE.
Team morale turned to sh*t immediately!

The ironic thing being England could still achieve a result till the final ball of the match( they chased 160odd) so the last couple of expensive overs bowled
LOST EM THE CHANCE OF A GOLD

Maybe the slip in commentary wasn't as Freudian after all!

Twunt.
Totally agree, having a go at your mates on the field is an absolute no no.

I remember when Ryan Sidebottom was in the England team back in 2007, he blew up at Monty Panesar a few times. No, Monty wasn't the greatest fielder ever, but I grew up believing you back your mates no matter what (truly egregious stuff e.g. match fixing would be an exception to this rule, but in all other circs, you back 'em)

Nope
Gen.

I'll find the clip on BBC Sounds later shouldn't be too hard, it was moments after young (17yo) Alice Capsey dropped a dolly of Catherine Brunt.
Nobody drops it on purpose.
Around the 16th over.

Brunt (hugely experienced and tbf bloody good cricketer) then really lost her sh*t.

Her Captain (and Wife) Nat Scriver stood at mid off couldn't calm her down (that got Agnew going!) but then MOST UNPROFESSIONALLY she had a pop at 17yr old Capsey in the middle of the pitch.

UNFORGIVABLE.
Team morale turned to sh*t immediately!

The ironic thing being England could still achieve a result till the final ball of the match( they chased 160odd) so the last couple of expensive overs bowled
LOST EM THE CHANCE OF A GOLD

Maybe the slip in commentary wasn't as Freudian after all!

Twunt.
Surely not....! I mean this is the same Brunt who only days, nay hours, ago praised the confidence of her younger colleagues...
Katherine Brunt hails the confidence of her young teammates at the Commonwealth Games

Issi

LE
Lawn bowls has been part of the Commonwealth/Empire Games since the very first one in 1930. I don’t play, and like you, have the impression that it’s an old folk’s passtime, but the Ladies Pairs final this morning showed a very high level of skill and accuracy.
My Aunty Pam was the ladies bowls captain and carried the flag for Wales in the 1990 Commonwealth Games.

Last edited:

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Well... me & the good lady have arrived for the final day of games. Got a feast of stuff to watch at the Alexander Stadium.

Anyone not planning on going and not fancy meeting up to not have a beer later?

IMG-20220715-WA0003.jpg

Try saying Para Athletics after you've had a few.

English women beating the Aussies in the hockey. The best bit was they all knew the words to Jerusalem and sang their hearts out.

England Women's 4x400m Relay Team win the Gold Medal by photo finish.

The girl running the 4th leg was given a massive lead which should have been unassailable and she nearly blew it.

However, it appears now they have been disqualified because of a lane infringement on the first handover. And rightly so.

Rules is rules.

skeetstar

War Hero
Thought the games were great, the athletics and swimming usually inspire me the most.
Big disappointment that the organisers refused to include shooting, but maybe those events will get back in next time.
Shame about the 4x100m women's, thought they deserved the win.
Delighted for women's hockey, that was a good win.
Delighted for the Pakistani javelin chap, not often you see them compete at anything much at all.
Did anyone see the Singaporean lad drop the baton during the men's 4x100, introductions? Comic moment and he knew it.
Imani lansiqout is rather cute, as was a young lady running for Australia in the 110 hurdles.
The bike racing went through some nice areas and some areas that were much less nice.

Overall, great to see people strive to achieve their goals, and in many cases win the rewards, after putting in long long hours of training that would make most of us blanche.

Unfortunately down under Chanel 7 which is broadcast ing the games here is only focusing on Australian wins, of which there have been many, so much of the sport going unseen. Of what I did see the highlight had to be the Aussie winning the 1500 metres totally unexpected except by him. Well done

Alamo

LE
G/f has just come of shift, highlight of their day has been an RMP guy who got so pissed last night he did a load of criminal damage to the student digs he was staying in, was found naked having shat himself. Suffice to say West Mids Police are not going to milk it at all:)

Closing ceremony now, really going into wokeness overload
Yep. For a city that gave us ELO, Black Sabbath and the Moody Blues to name just a few, they are palming us off with a few one hit wonders and UB40. Pass the Duchy FFS!
To cap it all, they have some female POC absolutely murdering a Judas Priest song.
Totally taking the piss with this Diversity lark.

Yep. For a city that gave us ELO, Black Sabbath and the Moody Blues to name just a few, they are palming us off with a few one hit wonders and UB40. Pass the Duchy FFS!
To cap it all, they have some female POC absolutely murdering a Judas Priest song.
Totally taking the piss with this Diversity lark.
Presumably not "Breaking The Law"?