Commonwealth entry advice and guidance.

Hey all,

So as context, I'm finishing up university this year and am set on getting into the army in the UK, I've worked as a volunteer in firefighting, rescue, and our local equivalent of the RNLI for the better part of those three years and am dead set against just going into corporate or something similar.

From what I understand:

- A valid visa is needed to be in the UK for 6 months +
- A passport valid for at least 2 years is needed
- The application can only be for a regular posting

Ideally I'd like to join as a regular officer, but would take the opportunity to be a regular soldier happily.

Apart from the seemingly over-simple three things I mentioned, is there anything I should know?
Any input is appreciated.

My reasons for not joining the defence force in my country (RSA), if anyone is curious, are multifaceted. The long and the short is that I don't think they are anywhere near UK standard, their role options are incredibly limited, and there are racial quote systems in place that denied my entry when I first applied out of high-school.

chimera

LE
Get in touch with the British Army recruiting system a.s.p. Discuss your situation, and confirm any requirements, and take it from there.

Plenty of your countrymen already serving with us, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Get in touch with the British Army recruiting system a.s.p. Discuss your situation, and confirm any requirements, and take it from there.

Plenty of your countrymen already serving with us, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Appreciate it. Will get on it.

Latest Threads