Commonwealth Army Application Rejected

Hello,

My Army application was recently rejected.

According to them, I failed PEC clearance, due to the country I reside in.

I am a citizen of a commonwealth country, however, I live in South Korea.

South Korea is a strong Western ally, I cant make reasonable sense of why my application was rejected on the basis of my residency here.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this is?

Robme

LE
Have you asked anybody? (Apart from us)

I contacted the Army multiple times. They said that it was a result of my residency in South Korea but they did not know why. I was asked to contact the MoD, but I was unsuccessful in doing so. I came on here to hopefully find out answers.

They can't tell the difference between North (DPRK) and South (ROK) Korea?

Should I resend an Application? What are your thoughts?
I would think that a resent application would probably meet with the same result. You need to find a way to get to the MoD if that is the advice you've been given.

Hello,

My Army application was recently rejected.

According to them, I failed PEC clearance, due to the country I reside in.

I am a citizen of a commonwealth country, however, I live in South Korea.

South Korea is a strong Western ally, I cant make reasonable sense of why my application was rejected on the basis of my residency here.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this is?

What Commonwealth country are you from, and why are you resident in South Korea?

There are UK residency rules for individuals joining the Army, these are temporarily wavered for certain Commonwealth countries when the window is open.

South Korea is not in the Commonwealth and therefore is not on the residency list. Much like France, the USA or any other strong allies.

There are UK residency rules for individuals joining the Army, these are temporarily wavered for certain Commonwealth countries when the window is open.

South Korea is not in the Commonwealth and therefore is not on the residency list. Much like France, the USA or any other strong allies.
But I am a Malaysian Citizen, I still hold a Malaysian passport. The requirements only state that you must be a citizen from a commonwealth country.

Does it mean that you have to be a commonwealth citizen and at the same time maintain residency in a commonwealth country?

ugly

LE
But I am a Malaysian Citizen, I still hold a Malaysian passport. The requirements only state that you must be a citizen from a commonwealth country.

Does it mean that you have to be a commonwealth citizen and at the same time maintain residency in a commonwealth country?
I thought you needed to be resident in the UK unless of course we need recruits and then rules get amended!

Malaysia isn't in the Commonwealth is it?
Yarp.

I thought you needed to be resident in the UK unless of course we need recruits and then rules get amended!
As of June, the ASBM&HD has been trying to recruit here in Canada, no residency required.

Robme

LE
Does Malaysia have national service?
It is unlikely that you will be successful in that case.

Latest Threads