Common sense prevails yet again - QA TRFs

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Sky-Monkey, Mar 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A little QA birdie told me today that handbags are being thrown at AMD over the wearing of QA TRFs. Apparently, and according to their dress regs, QAs are only allowed to wear two items that identify them as QAs i.e beret/stable belt/TRF (you can see where this is going). Regt'l secretary apparently got a sad on and insisted that TRFs were removed from shirts as zis vas a flagrant abuse of ze Regulations. Jawohl Mein Herr!

Several things spring to mind really but the uppermost in my mind is get a fcuking life. And how, after the instigation of an Army-wide policy, can a fat-arsed retired menopausal lump dictate the wearing of uniform?

Quite pathetic really and does nobody any favours.

2. Is this not down to local policy???????????

(Handbag drawn...)

3. Why do people feel the need to use multiple question marks and/or exclamation marks to get their point across? Is it because they suffer from some sort of literary impotence and are unable to express themselves properly or are they just plain lazy?

Whatever. I was under the impression that it was an Army policy for TRFs but even if it isn't, I thought it was still quite pathetic that fartface decided to wield her handbag and stop QAs in AMD from displaying their TRF. To be truthful, I couldn't really care less not being a QA but it amused me all the same.

4. Hit the nail on the head monkey, hit the nail on the head, all of the above

5. I'm a QA and it doesn't surprise me in the least, makes me chuckle though - do you think they allow QA rank slides. Imagine the scene, TRF's, beret, stable belt and grey beret - could be some immaculate conceptions going on or some kind or spontaneous combustion :pissedoff:

6. have you seen the gob docs with their gold effect RADC epilete badges, Corps belts, berets & cap badges and TRFs.

7. Good God, beret AND a capbadge? Shocking behaviour!

In all seriousness, I'm all for embellishments and so on. I quite like mincing around in my Corps jumper as I'm quite proud of the RAMC history and any chance I get to flaunt it, I will. Much like the rest of the Army frankly and anyone who is ashamed of that needs their head examined. That said, there is a time and a place for everything and a quick walk around the Defence Academy will soon have you realising that every officer in the British Army attempts to outdo each other with their regalia. And believe me, there are some dodgy interpretations of dress regs to say the least. One RDG bloke I know insisted on wearing his mess dress trousers with his Regimental jumper. Berk.

Anyway. I still think that the QA retired thing needs to get a life. Quickly!

8. do we think someone didnt get any jammy dodgers at NAAFI break?

9. Aha! A voice from the cheapseats!

Not absolutely sure what you're on about but then it is early and you probably haven't had your Frosties yet. Once you've unhitched your sleepy bonce do come back and engage in some lighthearted banter won't you?

Before I forget, your Regt'l Sec needs a boot up the hoop.

10. Would like to know why the grey mafia even need TRF's? There's nothing tactical about a nurse attempting her* MATTs with an oversized helmet and a full bottle of brut 69 trying to be a soldier! but lets face it, theres enough room on any QA uniform for unlimited badges.

(*a generalisation)

11. Cos its NOT AS RUDE AS SHOUTING! :plotting:

12. Not on mine mate, Ive only got a little uniform!

Wee man.

13. Not on mine mate, Ive only got a little uniform!

Wee man.

14. dont pick on the wee man - he's not big and its not clever :thumleft:

15. I can feel the grey mafia breathin' down my neck! Take it you two remove the tagnuts from the old and infirm?

No offence meant about the size wee_man, call yer man off! Nowt worse than a nurse scorned :elephant: <<< QA in hospital rig