• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Common Purpose - What do we know?

Yes of course, but the incompetence and reticence of various agencies in dealing with real issues whilst bigging up made up ones like Nazi pugs does make one wonder.
Cressida Dick being one notable Common Purpose graduate, one notable for politicising the police force and putting political correctness ahead of providing a service to the public

Is it at all possible that the Mayor of London is a CP grad? Nothing concrete on stabbings etc. but don't you dare mis-pronoun someone or drive a diesel car. No way we're doing stop and search, although the 900 officers dedicated to hate-crime are paying proper dividends.

Is it all possible that the Mayor of London is a CP grad? Nothing concrete on stabbings etc. but don't you dare mis-pronoun someone or drive a diesel car. No way we're doing sto and search, although the 900 officers dedicated to hate-crime are paying proper dividends.
For starters he was Vice President of the Fabian society not that long ago, and they share a common ideology so I wouldn't be surprised if he was Common Purposee

Caveat: I have only skimmed through this thread.

I think a major difference in how the media/organisations/establishment differentiate bewteen BNP etc and UAF/ANTIFA stems from one thing - perceived moral high ground.

When BNP were in their "prime" politicians of all hues were queuing up to be seen opposing them - on almost every issue. If the BNP had declared "the sky is sometimes blue" then politicians would decry and dismiss them as being fascists and therefore unable to be taken seriously. UAF et al naturally opposed them. On account of that, politicians and media/establishment entities could gain kudos by being seen to support UAF, it was an ideal form of virtue-signalling. This, IMO, is what led to the very slow acknowledgement of the Rotherham type events - Politicians had for too long scrambled to be seen denying such a situation could occur.

UAF/ANTIFA (said to have been funded by various mainstream political parties) utilise a 'means justifies the end' attitude.
That, IMO, is why the antics of Leftwing action groups, no matter how feisty they become, are seen to be treated more favourably than their right-wing counterparts.

Ah yes.. Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate "things should not be complicated more than necessary" !

.. I suggest more an intellectual version of popping smoke than an effective repost to be honest..

..and whilst you may "really think that CP has to be taken at face value until proven otherwise" this is not really a valid answer. It seems fairly clear that CP is treated with some degree of suspicion across many sectors of UK society, not least because it does not appear to explain its motivation and purpose! It is clearly setting out to influence a significant element of society.. I would like to see a better definition of what CP actually is!

You seem to have some insights - indulge us - what is the aim of CP and how does it direct itself..?

give us a CATWOE if you like...!

..easy on the Weltanshauung!

and I look forward to seeing your definition of O....
Am I fcuk doing CATWOE. You’re showing your age though - I only CATWOE people if they’ve pissed me off enough for them to write a report I’m not going to read.

I’m not sure I was popping smoke. From my dealings with CP they seem to be constructing a set of courses to create a cohort of people - often from culturally very different environments - who are networked and comfortable with each other such that they can share problems and solve them together. My guess (admittedly a guess) is that the courses therefore focus on lateral thought and empowerment - and it’s therefore possible that couched in some modern jargon you might just find some themes like mission command and maneouvreism poking through.

One of the reasons I think this is that if CP was a Marxist fifth column, then by now an expose of CP’s message and method would exist from someone who had done the course. I’m not aware of such a piece - and there have been many courses and many students. No NLP is that good! So my first application of the razor is to ask - where’s the proof that these courses are anything other than leadership courses in ‘a’ modern idiom?

Secondly, much of the ire against CP seems to be based on the bad egg theory - in which a CP graduate is associated with poor behaviour; I.e. bullying, duplicity, etc. Arrse is standing testimony to the fact that a year-long integrity test in Camberley can still produce utter cnuts of officers (other ranks are available) who publicly foul up in the face of the media. I see no evidence that CP generates more than its fair share of these people. Another swish of the razor.

Finally, I’ve often wondered if Julia rather relishes the mystique bestowed upon her by the purveyors of woo. I mean, what would you rather be - leadership guru with a book behind you and a successful training organisation, or all of the above and Bond villain purveyor of dark NLP skills and an organisation of mindlessly obedient henchpeople?

Cressida Dick being one notable Common Purpose graduate, one notable for politicising the police force and putting political correctness ahead of providing a service to the public
Richard Dannatt being one notable Sandhurst graduate, one notable for trying to politicise the Army and unforgivably taking the Tory whip whilst a serving officer (CGS no less), putting political self-interest ahead of providing a service to the public.

Some people (like Mothman for example) just make up fairy stories about the BNP. While the party officials may be racist most of their supporters weren't, they were just fed up of being ignored (and called racist) when they raised concerns.

The UAF need jumping over with some heavy footwear, but the criticism seems a bit mute.
Really? What did I make up about your friends in the BNP?

Really? What did I make up about your friends in the BNP?
Stop backpedaling you posted

That's not the real reason they had to be stopped. It was what was tucked away in their manifesto about the Democratic process. They wanted to abolish it for 'an indefinite period' ie; after they had closed down all the newspapers that didn't like them and rounded up and shot anyone who opposed them, before getting down to the serious business of ethnically and socially cleansing the nation and subjugating their neighbours. That led to some pretty hard core unpleasantness in Central Europe 1933-45, you may recall.
When I asked you for a link you managed to post something that a low level member said.
You are a liar.

Although I would have thought you would have liked the BNP, they might have sorted out that naughty black doorman that caused you to shit your pants.

So just like freemasonry except that they want to make the world a better place?
I have several family members in the old secret handshake club. They raise a stonking amount of money for charity every year and do good deeds to aid those less fortunate in society with absolutely no song & dance or publicity.

In addition, from what I've seen/know (granted with the exception of no women allowed) they are surprisingly inclusive. Race/religion/creed/ social class don't matter.

Am I fcuk doing CATWOE. You’re showing your age though - I only CATWOE people if they’ve pissed me off enough for them to write a report I’m not going to read.

I’m not sure I was popping smoke. From my dealings with CP they seem to be constructing a set of courses to create a cohort of people - often from culturally very different environments - who are networked and comfortable with each other such that they can share problems and solve them together. My guess (admittedly a guess) is that the courses therefore focus on lateral thought and empowerment - and it’s therefore possible that couched in some modern jargon you might just find some themes like mission command and maneouvreism poking through.

One of the reasons I think this is that if CP was a Marxist fifth column, then by now an expose of CP’s message and method would exist from someone who had done the course. I’m not aware of such a piece - and there have been many courses and many students. No NLP is that good! So my first application of the razor is to ask - where’s the proof that these courses are anything other than leadership courses in ‘a’ modern idiom?

Secondly, much of the ire against CP seems to be based on the bad egg theory - in which a CP graduate is associated with poor behaviour; I.e. bullying, duplicity, etc. Arrse is standing testimony to the fact that a year-long integrity test in Camberley can still produce utter cnuts of officers (other ranks are available) who publicly foul up in the face of the media. I see no evidence that CP generates more than its fair share of these people. Another swish of the razor.

Finally, I’ve often wondered if Julia rather relishes the mystique bestowed upon her by the purveyors of woo. I mean, what would you rather be - leadership guru with a book behind you and a successful training organisation, or all of the above and Bond villain purveyor of dark NLP skills and an organisation of mindlessly obedient henchpeople?
Thank you... and yes I will give you a tick for avoiding the CATWOE trap.. though I think the technique, although old, is still a useful method of getting to the root of an activity.. which was always Peter's intention..!

I suppose my spidey senses remain suspicious of the philosophy of CP, and the whole "management thang" approach in general. As you will have gathered, I have had a lifelong exposure to this stuff, and I suppose my opinions of it lie somewhere on the jaded - sceptical spectrum. Even though I have had the full formal management training, both civil and military, I am still not convinced it has any long term benefit..

It is my belief that the ability to both lead and manage is an attribute that is learned by experience and example and not by formal education or assessment. The belief that "management" is a definable process that can be delivered by applying methodologies by anyone trained to deliver the method is, I suggest false. Ditto for leadership... In defiance of your razor slash, I suggest the process by which we obtain competent leadership is extremely messy and complex and not susceptible to coaching or networking approaches..

The hothousing of potential leaders has, over the past sixty years has IMHO been spectacularly poor.. Ever since the system got its hooks into the likes of Enoch Powell* we have been unable to find competent individuals upon which to place the huge responsibilities of leadership.

I keep coming back to the need to try and make British society more robust and capable of dealing with the inevitable bumps in the road. I do not think that having a bunch of middle ranking generalist be member of some UK Bones society is the way forward here..!

*watch the switchboards light up over that one! I am of course referring to Powell's academic, experiential and influential abilities, which were so dangerous that they had to be subjected to the Nuclear sanction, but nobody will see this - I will simply get hit with an R grenade!

Last edited:
Richard Dannatt being one notable Sandhurst graduate, one notable for trying to politicise the Army and unforgivably taking the Tory whip whilst a serving officer (CGS no less), putting political self-interest ahead of providing a service to the public.
I bet Richard Dannatt has never been the editor of the magazine ‘Marxism Today’, unlike the head of Common Purpose

So just like freemasonry except that they want to make the world a better place?

My bold.. I suggest you look at the basic tenets of Freemasonry before you dismiss them so glibly.
https://www.mn-masons.org/sites/mn-masons.org/files/MEB - Ea sec, 3... · PDF file

snip "We must cast aside our passions and prejudices and remember, “All men are
my Brethren.” We must remember that, “By the exercise of Brotherly Love we are taught
to regard the whole human species as one family, the high and low, the rich and poor,
who are taught to aid, support, and protect each other"

and "A person may be distressed in many ways other than financial. He may
have a business or a family problem that is discouraging to him, and a helpful suggestion
may give him the relief he needs. He may be lonely because he lacks proper associations;
then a cheerful word may be the relief he seeks. We claim that there are many ways of

giving relief, and to relieve the distressed is a duty incumbent on all men. To sympathize
with their misfortunes, to console them in their sorrows, and to restore peace to their

troubled minds, these are the great aims we have in view. We as Masons must be alert to
recognize these opportunities and offer our services in the way that will best bring relief"

and "When a person’s word is as good as his bond, he is
classified as being truthful. To be good and true is one of the first lessons we are taught in
Masonry. Unless a person has a reputation for being truthful, he is not normally qualified
to become a member of our order.
Truthfulness is one of the fundamental requirements of
good citizenship. Without truth there would be no foundation for trust and fellowship.
Freemasonry’s Motto is; “Let There Be Light.” In this sense truth has a much deeper
meaning. In Masonry there is a never-ending search for more truth and light"

My bold.. I suggest you look at the basic tenets of Freemasonry before you dismiss them so glibly.
https://www.mn-masons.org/sites/mn-masons.org/files/MEB - Ea sec, 3... · PDF file

snip "We must cast aside our passions and prejudices and remember, “All men are
my Brethren.” We must remember that, “By the exercise of Brotherly Love we are taught
to regard the whole human species as one family, the high and low, the rich and poor,
who are taught to aid, support, and protect each other"

and "A person may be distressed in many ways other than financial. He may
have a business or a family problem that is discouraging to him, and a helpful suggestion
may give him the relief he needs. He may be lonely because he lacks proper associations;
then a cheerful word may be the relief he seeks. We claim that there are many ways of

giving relief, and to relieve the distressed is a duty incumbent on all men. To sympathize
with their misfortunes, to console them in their sorrows, and to restore peace to their

troubled minds, these are the great aims we have in view. We as Masons must be alert to
recognize these opportunities and offer our services in the way that will best bring relief"

and "When a person’s word is as good as his bond, he is
classified as being truthful. To be good and true is one of the first lessons we are taught in
Masonry. Unless a person has a reputation for being truthful, he is not normally qualified
to become a member of our order.
Truthfulness is one of the fundamental requirements of
good citizenship. Without truth there would be no foundation for trust and fellowship.
Freemasonry’s Motto is; “Let There Be Light.” In this sense truth has a much deeper
meaning. In Masonry there is a never-ending search for more truth and light"
I think the Legion of Frontiersmen had similar grandiose puff on their websites.

[Loving the blanket 'disagree' to all my posts, BTW. Couldn't you just set up a macro to save yourself the mouseclicks you fcuking gammon?]

I think the Legion of Frontiersmen had similar grandiose puff on their websites.

[Loving the blanket 'disagree' to all my posts, BTW. Couldn't you just set up a macro to save yourself the mouseclicks you fcuking gammon?]

A typical response of a person whose glib patronising dismissal of a reputable organisation & when challenged resorts to personal insults. Very similar to the tactics so beloved of CP so called "graduates".