Common Purpose - What do we know?

The efficiency is in using Operations Research to optimise the number and placing of ambulances so that you have the right number of vehicles and crews at readiness to meet the perceived need.
Indeed, but under the assumption that they will not operate at peak efficiency at all times.

Efficiency is a great thing to have when it means you can deliver more effect with the same resources. It's not a substitute for effectiveness and can even compromise it.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I suppose they may have a secret agenda but if so its secret and I can't see it or any serious references to it. Indeed I'm rather tempted to sign up to one of their leadership courses.

Impact

The contradiction automatically arises where the reason for the organisation's existence isn't 'to operate with maximum efficiency'.

Put it this way: it's not very efficient to have expensive vehicles and skilled crews sitting around on the off chance they'll be needed, but it makes for a highly effective ambulance service.
It may be an effective ambulance service but it's ineffective/inefficient government. To have anything sitting around means money wasted that could be spent on anther service, as in an oversupplied ambulance service deprives the fire brigade of pumps or the army of tanks.

Of course the military should be the exception as their most effective action is to sit around and deter, once they start actually doing something they have in reality failed.

I suppose they may have a secret agenda but if so its secret and I can't see it or any serious references to it. Indeed I'm rather tempted to sign up to one of their leadership courses.

Impact
WOW, they aren't hiding it are they....

Pay attention to part four:

Think the Unthinkable - Translates to: Think anything absurdly backward or degenerate for society as a whole.
Inspire Diversity - Translates to: Make sure nobody, especially white working class, oppose your new idea.
Move to Action -Translates to: Using your new idea, make everybody's lives as miserable as fvcking possible, and call them an "ist" if they call you out.

They forgot:

Escape & Evasion - When corrupt judges get marked and nobody is there to save your arrse once the electorate come looking for blood.

More like Common Subversion.

I think the Legion of Frontiersmen had similar grandiose puff on their websites.

[Loving the blanket 'disagree' to all my posts, BTW. Couldn't you just set up a macro to save yourself the mouseclicks you fcuking gammon?]
Never seen 'gammon' deployed in anger before. Was about as impressive as I would imagaine it would have been.

It may be an effective ambulance service but it's ineffective/inefficient government. To have anything sitting around means money wasted that could be spent on anther service, as in an oversupplied ambulance service deprives the fire
Exactly my point. Efficiency gets in the way of effectiveness when pursued as an end in its own right.

It's the difference between process and output. Process is efficiency but output is effectiveness.

Never seen 'gammon' deployed in anger before. Was about as impressive as I would imagaine it would have been.
I believe the term gammon is a new favourite on the left to describe angry, white, middle aged men (the enemy).

I believe the term gammon is a new favourite on the left to describe angry, white, middle aged men (the enemy).
It seems to have taken the snowflakes a long time to arrive at what they might see as a rejoinder.