Commitment?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Harris, Oct 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Howdy folks, okay well i'm very close to joining the TA, just spent sometime training and basically improving on my fitness.
    The annual training commitment is 27 day's. for an independent unit if my memory serves correctly.
    However, my civvie job only requires 3 hour's at work a day, which as you can tell is pretty shite.
    I was wondering if it's possible to do extra training during the week, so to speak? My apologies if this is a retarded question, i'd just like to train as much as poss.

Cheers guy's.

2. Not usually Harris , and not until you're attested and on the nominal roll.

It also depends what type of unit you're joining. If it's maintenance heavy , there may be a chance of getting some extra hours during the week , but I wouldn't base my mortgage on it.

27 days is the minimum , you can invariably do more planned training says if you desire.

3. Many thank's for your speedy reply PartTimePongo. I'm defently looking to join an Infantry Unit. It was just a question i was unsure about.

Cheers again :D

4. No probs Harris :) Once you've got some way with your Phase 1 , there is usually a chance to join with the trained soldiers playing enemy , or making up the numbers as it were, on weekends other than recruit ones.

Good luck , you'll love it :D