Commitment Bonus

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by newguy, Feb 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The questions I would like answering is do you have to provide 2 years ROS when you receive your second CB at your 8 year point?
    Does this 2 years ROS only apply to the new CB of £5500 or does it apply to any CB you receive?
    The reason I ask is that this does not seem totally clear, according to money matters on you get given your 8 year CB providing you havent signed off / given 12 months notice, i.e. you can sign off the next day and elsewhere it says when you receive your CB you have to provide 2 years ROS.
  2. As far as I am aware, as long as you have not given notice prior to your FRI point, as you have to give 12 months notice anyway, you will get the relevant FRI.

Bde/ICT are supposed to release a spreadsheet monthly with all those due the 5 and 8 year bonus on it, however, good practice would be for RAO's to have a database with due dates on it to facilitate application prior to said spreadsheet being sent out, in my experience they are always pointed out late.
  3. if you are a rejoner/re-enlister are you still entitled to the cb? if so do you have to start again so to speak, ie do another 5 years then receive the cb or would it be that say if you did three years before leaving then would only have to wait 2 years for the 5 year cb?
  4. LJS nice one LMAO. Still not seeing them!

As for the Commitment Bonus if it is the V Eng Bonus paid at 5 years i.e. 5,500 it requires a TWO year return of service.

Got that little blighter from the V Eng brief last week. :wink: