Commitment bonus- advice required please.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by johnny_big_balls, Oct 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

This may be long winded but please bear with it....

I originally joined the army in oct 1996 and left in may 2002.

I re-joined in July 2008 and still in now. I was told when I re-joined that I was not eligible to sign for my 5 year bounty as I had a break in service which I suppose is fair enough. However, I have now done over 4 years continuous service since re joining but according to JPA I still don't qualify for my 4 year bonus. This seems a bit unfair to me. Could someone please advise. Thanks in advance.
  2. It is not unfair as you have served a total of 9 years 8 months approximately going by your figures... A break in service does not restart the clock on your overall service time....

You need to get your JPA squared away or you will have troubles when it comes to promotion etc. I left and rejoined, missed out on bonuses and promotion boards due to insufficient service recorded on JPA.
  3. JBB - Providing you never received any bonus during the previous service, you should re-join on the scheme on CB 2009 (JSP 754 ch 7).

Have a look on JPA self service, in the commitment bonus bit, if under the information tab at top of page it says "Not eligible for CB 09 - eligible under previous scheme" (or something like that) then you will need your unit HR to help to prove no CB was ever given. Good luck with it
  4. Cheers fella