Commissioning SPS

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Belisarius, Apr 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking to commission (LE) into the SPS. I'm from another Corps; if anyone could spare some advice (apart from don't do it!!) it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Yes, your absolutely right. I have posted on two threads, I didn't want to put my eggs in one basket so to speak. I will be applying for both.

3. Why :?

If you don’t want to be in the army anymore I would suggest not hanging around a camp in uniform having lots of ‘Det’ meetings and whinging about how you work longer hours than the rest of the known universe :wink:

4. I'm still keen to soldier on but I'm coming to the twilight of my career.

5. Is that it? No other belligerent remarks? No other erudite comments like "Dustbusters"? No perspicacious insights from another supercilious douchebag?

6. You could always try guest panellist on Countdown :wink:

7. Cheers mate :D

8. Serious for a second

Have you looked into the traditional route of AMS or AAC, although I think you will be pushing the timelines for this year’s application

9. I haven't considered this route; I'll have look this week, thanks for the suggestion.

10. I've never seriously entertained the idea of an LE Commission in the Corps. Like alot of my cohort the idea of being a Det Comd and then, RAO, RAO, SO2, RAO, RAO.....has never really appealed. I do however take my hat off to those that wish to apply, or indeed have been successful in their application. Each to his/her own.

Given the option, and the opportunities (or lack of...) that are available I would recommend AMS over SPS. Just my humble opinion :eek:

11. I'm guessing that by twilight of your career you mean nearing 22 years? aged 40 ish?

My advice for what it is worth is get out. Don't be scared of the big bad world and don't be fooled by the apparent security of staying in (SDR is a-coming).

If you leave it until after 45 then your chances of a second, potentially as rewarding career, diminish rapidly.

You could still Commission in the TA, a lot of good employers in my industry quite like the operational link.

12. Many thanks for your advice.