Commissioning results

Any news on today's board results.

Obviously, I know we can and should not publish names. However, I would like to know numbers of successful candidates (How many not Regt Nos) and any non compromising clues to identities. A couple of us are on exercise and don't have access to the list.

Cheers guys

E_S

oohh..we still do exercises???

not like those freezing cold days in the back of a 432 in Germany, chipping the ice off the mapboard, then finding your chinograph had frozen. We were lucky to have ptarmigan in them days..

Glossary:

AF432 - rust bucket of an APC (not the Glasgow sort)
Chinograph - predecessor to lumocolours

AF1771 said:
not like those freezing cold days in the back of a 432 in Germany, chipping the ice off the mapboard, then finding your chinograph had frozen. We were lucky to have ptarmigan in them days..

Glossary:

OK I'm going to particularly pedantic with you (seeing as you are the Int Corps)

With Ptarmigan came the AFV436 and Lumocolour.

So the combinations are as follows:

AFV432 & chinagraph & BRUIN

or

AFV436 & Ptarmigan & Lumocolour

No mixing and matching :lol: :lol:

AF1771 said:

Glossary:

Ptarmigan? Sprog. Bruin - now there's a system that never worked. :D

whistler said:
AF1771 said:

Glossary:

OK I'm going to particularly pedantic with you (seeing as you are the Int Corps)

With Ptarmigan came the AFV436 and Lumocolour.

So the combinations are as follows:

AFV432 & chinagraph & BRUIN

or

AFV436 & Ptarmigan & Lumocolour

No mixing and matching :lol: :lol:
lol..thanks for clarifying that. Fortunately for me I only managed one tour in the back of AFVs...and ptarmigan came in after. I do remember sending some sprog off to check the padlocks on ptarmigan vehicle sheds....:)

cpunk

LE
eye_spy said:
Any news on today's board results.

Obviously, I know we can and should not publish names. However, I would like to know numbers of successful candidates (How many not Regt Nos) and any non compromising clues to identities. A couple of us are on exercise and don't have access to the list.

Cheers guys

E_S
Have you tried Armynet? Might be on there, next to the flying pigs...

Ptarmigan? Chinagraphs? Sprogs.

I remember when it was smoke signals and runners, and burnt sticks on the wall of the cave.

I don't know. Kids today don't know how easy they have it...

CRmeansCeilingReached said:

I remember when it was smoke signals and runners, and burnt sticks on the wall of the cave.

Smoke signals? Burnt sticks?

When whistler and I first met, we hadn't even discovered fire. Or at least, the Royal Signals hadn't, the rest of the human race had just adopted TCP/IP.

Just had to scratch pictures on each other with sharpened flints to communicate. Long distance involved the scratchee running across the valley, dodging dinosaurs and paleantologists complaining about dinosaurs and humans in the same shot, in order to show his scars to the recipient of the message.

Glad_its_all_over said:

When whistler and I first met, we hadn't even discovered fire. Or at least, the Royal Signals hadn't, the rest of the human race had just adopted TCP/IP.

Just had to scratch pictures on each other with sharpened flints to communicate. Long distance involved the scratchee running across the valley, dodging dinosaurs and paleantologists complaining about dinosaurs and humans in the same shot, in order to show his scars to the recipient of the message.
Actually because we so secretive a unit we used unburnt sticks and non-smoke signals!!

Anyway, has anyone been commissoned yet?

Flint? Whats that?

When I were a lad it was still forming....

No hang on... GIAO is older than me!

whistler said:
[
Actually because we so secretive a unit we used unburnt sticks and non-smoke signals!!
what no P & Q registers? (or whatever they were called?

who cares? this is more fun.
Fair enough.... :twisted:

AF1771 said:
Flint? Whats that?

He's older than everyone - in fact I overheard Methusala calling him an old git!

P & Q codes (?) - don't know what they are but we were probably on (lowercase) a and b codes..

Actually, the biggest bunch of chinagraphs I ever saw were in the pocket of that spotty little Int Corps lance jack who used to mark up the BMs board and make him coffee. He had more than our Signal Squadron had between us. I still maintain that he used his beret to wipe the old minefields off :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

we all used to use our berets to clean the map board. thats why some of us even had plum coloured ones..lol

whistler said:
who cares? this is more fun.
Fair enough.... :twisted:

AF1771 said:
Flint? Whats that?

He's older than everyone - in fact I overheard Methusala calling him an old git!
That's as may be, but I'm looking goddamn good on it. Especially when you consider some of the company I've kept over the years.

whistler said:
[P & Q codes (?) - don't know what they are but we were probably on (lowercase) a and b codes..
Alpha and Beta codes, used on the Legionary BID 1, surely. CW working involved banging the rocks together really hard.

whistler said:
[Actually, the biggest bunch of chinagraphs I ever saw were in the pocket of that spotty little Int Corps lance jack who used to mark up the BMs board and make him coffee. He had more than our Signal Squadron had between us. I still maintain that he used his beret to wipe the old minefields off :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
See? Initiative, self-reliance, impatience with bureaucracy. Everything that makes the Corps what it is. That and lots of different-coloured chinagraphs.

is that what they meant by G2 going Purple...?
green beret went:

purple (Airbourne) if you wiped off the enemy and brown (nuff said) or blue (R Sigs) if you wiped the friendly forces....

:D :D :D

Glad_its_all_over said:

You lucky lucky barsteward!!!! Now when I was in.................................etc etc :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
eye_spy Int Corps 91
Make_it_fit Sappers 2
Clerk_of_Jerks Sappers 7