Commissioning into SPS

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes I do but I know that you from a place that is nearer France than Bromley. Bonjour.
Bromley to Calais = 95.93 Miles
Southampton to Cherbourg = 107.77 Miles

Would you like some garlic bread with your snails?

BROMLEYBOY

Old-Salt
No because I like the taste of raw snails, the ones in the garden that is and not the variety that posts on this site, I am picky you know.

I work for a large company in Germany which deals with the British Army, hence my past experience helped in securing the job
Is that like the fellas that secured the DII contract for ATLAS and then mysteriously went to work for them straight afterwards etc etc...?

BROMLEYBOY

Old-Salt
Is that like the fellas that secured the DII contract for ATLAS and then mysteriously went to work for them straight afterwards etc etc...?
Sorry but no, I actually work for Macdonalds I ensure that the baps for the burgers are done just right. I was in charge of the MacFlurreys but they took me off them when the rumours started but they were never prooved. Next week I will get my third Gold Star which means that I can actually serve customers.

Judgekid

War Hero
Is it possible for a TA SNCO to apply for a LE regular SPS commission or is the person restricted to TA only?

Is it possible for a TA SNCO to apply for a LE regular SPS commission or is the person restricted to TA only?
Do you mean a TA SNCO commissioning as a regular LE officer or as a TA LE officer?

If you are talking about commissioning as a TA officer, then yes of course. If you are talking about commissioning from the TA as an SNCO into the regular army as an officer, then what do you think?!

Some guys (me included) transfered to the AGC due to injury. And now that I'm out I receive a 6 figure salary, I got my job due to my job experience in the AGC.
You know the 'figures' don't include pence don't you?

I know a former SPS Major who works in the City on circa GBP 160K in HR for an investment bank. He's been out 4 years.

Judgekid

War Hero
Do you mean a TA SNCO commissioning as a regular LE officer or as a TA LE officer?

If you are talking about commissioning as a TA officer, then yes of course. If you are talking about commissioning from the TA as an SNCO into the regular army as an officer, then what do you think?!
I did think that but it had been suggested to me recently that it was possible though in order to do so the LE is treated as a new start and has to do basic again.

I did think that but it had been suggested to me recently that it was possible though in order to do so the LE is treated as a new start and has to do basic again.
The LE commissioning process is pretty competitive as it stands. Even if this were possible, it is very unlikely that a TA SNCO/WO would possess the military experience to successfully compete with a regular for a (regular army) LE commission. The closest you are likely to get (perhaps) is a TA LE commission and an FTRS or NRPS contract. I have heard (annocdotally) that there are some NRPS 'officers' (RAOs) in some outlying TA units who effectively applied for those jobs (as TA NCOs) and suddenly found themselves with some sort of a quasi commission on an NRPS basis.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crafty990 Officers 10
CrazyLegs! AGC, RAPTC and SASC 10
B AGC, RAPTC and SASC 12

Latest Threads