Commissioning from regular soldier to officer

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by skullmucked, Jul 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought this seemed the most appropriate forum for my question. Apologies if this has been done before but the search function doesn't seem to be working.

I am considering starting the application process for commissioning from soldier to officer, but I can't seem to find any information to do with it at all. I'm wondering whether or not the application process is the same for civilians applying and also whether the qualifications required are the same. If anyone has any info on this at all I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks

SM

2. I don't know for sure, but I do remember filling out my forms and seeing boxes asking about military experience, I'm sure there was a box asking if you were a serving soldier, which would mean that serving soldiers fill out the same forms as p.o. civvies. But as I say I'm not 100%, maybe you ought to ask an officer who started out as a soldier, I'm sure you can find one.
    And good luck with AOSB!!

3. speak to your CoC.

You'll need to get their support anyway.

They'll give you all the bits of paper you need.