Commissar Broadhurst of the Peoples Armed Police

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by MrPVRd, May 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sickening, how an officer of the law can simply roll over and play poodle to the demands of a foreign dictatorship. This provides an insight into the mindset of these supposed public servants and their political masters...they probably would have let Hitler's SD and SS goose-step through London, smashing the windows of a few synagogues, if the torch had been allowed to pass this way in 1936! No wonder there is no police shame over incidents like the shooting of J C De Menezes....the rights of the policed fall by the wayside when it comes to the greater national purpose!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article3882459.ece

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enforcement_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China#Organization_and_role

2. So are we saying "He' took a Political decision ?
    john

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Now I'm a fan of the Olympics but in the case of the torch, who cares!

4. This is just embarrassing. How DARE they try to dictate the terms of reference in another sovereign country.

I love the Olympics, and will happily while away the hours watching talented atheletes doing their thing. The Torch procession is a load of old bunkum though.

As far as I am concerned the moment a "Blue Trackie" struck out he should have been arrested for Public Order offences, just like any of the Swampies protesting against the torch.

If the Chinese packed up their Parrots and Monkeys, so be it. We make it quite clear, in the full view of the Worlds Press that a Foreign Government cannot expect their employees to get away with breaking the Law.

5. Yeah, just imagine folk trying to do that. 8O

Glass houses, and all that.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

In the good old days, the British gobment and police would have simply put it across that law and order and the protection of people going about their business was the responsibility of the sovereign state, and that if the torch was to be carried through this country, our own forces of law and order would protect it, not some foreign nationals.

These days, we are no longer a sovereign state. Who do you think that copper got his orders from? The Chinese, or the gobment, or, maybe, just maybe, Red Ken?

7. Point Taken. I think we weren't dictating the terms in that little adventure, we are, however, damned by association.

8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

"Faced with allegations that the Chinese security guards pushed, shoved and punched protesters, Mr Broadhurst said it was “a natural reaction” by people who thought their “hugely significant” torch was in peril, and who were in danger of losing face. He said that 2,060 police were involved in protecting the torch at a cost of £746,005."

I'll step out of line here and say that I don't think he is being that unreasonable.

There is a thin line between the rights of protesters and the rights of the law abiding to go about their business unmolested. In this case we tend to have sympathy with the protesters and not with the law abiding.

Would that the police took this more practical view when the rest of us have natural reactions - Tony Martin et al.

9. Chinese secret policemen can hardly be described as law abiding can they?

It's funny that a gobment that preaches Human Rights should allow such undesirables into our country.

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

In the sense that they were going about their legitimate business and only allegedly broke the law after they, or the thing they were guarding, was attacked they were law abiding.

If marshalls from the countryside alliance dealt with hunt sabs I don't think you would find many people on here protesting, although I doubt if the police would be so sympathetic.

In fact the outcome of the torch procession was quite positive. It has given the Chinese quite a shock - they are having talks in Beijing with the Dalia Lama's representatives this week.

These talks may be window dressing but from little acorns etc. See;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7366500.stm

11. Anybody who still believes that the UK enjoys policing by consensus probably also thinks we still have a democracy...

12. Parading the Olympic torch was instigated by Hitler during the 1936( or there about) Olympics as a propoganda tool. Accordingly, in the great scheme of things such as time, there is very little precedent.

Should the parading of the torch be curtailed?

I like the idea of connecting the world before the event and if it provokes legitimate and peacefull demonstrations then so be it.

13. Here is the link for everyone to lodge a complaint. It is because of these spinless Snr Officers that the service is in teh state it is. Whats the bettering that this dimwit soon gets a gong.

Met complaints

14. The Australians didn't let the goon's run with the torch and the Chinese didn't pull it from there.

15. That’s because the whole world knows that the UK is now a push over. Was it not the Australians who told the Iranians to Feck Off when they tried to seize some boats off them.