Commisioning of an INT CORPS print?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Alaarm!, Jun 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im not sure if one of these exists or has been suggested previously, if so I would be interested if it has.

Many Corps and Regts have a number of prints that either depict a specific action/event involving their organisation or an individual.

I think its high time that this applied to our own glorious Corps! At the very least we could begin to discuss the idea to get the ball rolling...

1. Are their any specific events/individuals that epitomise the VaS of the Corps?

2. Does any Campaign stand out for a specific attention (WW2, NI, Op TELIC/HERRICK etc..)

3. The print should be as general as possible in terms of 'tradecraft' depicting what would now be deemed as 'OPMI' - - or conversly should a specific field of expertise be depicted?

Anyway - over to you - - PS I know this thread would be easy to hi-jack by the 'Lets have a fat Int Corps bloke doing some filing print' vein of thought, but could we have a few sensible suggestions first! :p

2. I wouild suggest a montage showing all the roles over the years rather than the 'fat clerk doing some filing or the fat officer pointing at a map'

(Then as you are an offshoot of CMP a nice red cap in the middle of it)

3. Maybe have a transferee shaking his/her head as a couple of DE soldiers get tangled up in a camnet?

4. Are you looking for that thing to propel you forward and raise your profile?? Joking aside, sounds like a great idea to me.

5. Or the DE soldiers laughing at their transferees standard of service writing.........

(Don't you love stereotypes)

6. Someone, pref CR, posting on Arrse in his or her own time

7. You can see an example on the Intelligence Corps pages of the Army website.

8. Nice idea but if only you could understand the pain involved (having been on the margins of the planned Op BANNER painting). Evryone will have a better idea, or want to exaggerate their bit of the Corps. I suggest a black canvass that can be interpreted in anyway by any viewer and its nicely avant garde.

9. Green surely. Best idea so far mind.

10. Sounds very 80's. Like all those awful prints you see of some exercise in Germany, all puttees, SLRs and Chieftans.

11. Mind you:

The hours approaching, to give it your best
    You've got to reach your prime.
    That’s when you need to put yourself to the test
    And show us a passage of time
    Were going to need a montage (montage)
    Ooh it takes a montage (montage)

Sure a lot of things happing at once,
    Remind everyone what’s going on (what’s going on)
    And when every shot you show a little improvement
    Just show it all or it will take to long
    That’s called a montage (montage)
    Ooh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to know
    From just a beginner to a pro,
    You want a montage (montage)
    Even rocky had a montage (montage)

(Montage...montage)

Anything that we want to know
    From just a beginner to a pro,
    You need a montage (montage)
    Ooh it takes a montage (montage)

Always fade out in a montage,
    If you fade out
    It seem like more time has passed in a montage
    Montage

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Not one of you lot, but has anyone tried arthur3bums. He did one for the REME.

13. Why don't we commission the lot that did the Olympics logo - no tired old montages with puttees and Chieftains there and nobody would be able to work out from it what the fcuk it was supposed to represent - seems pretty apt really - let's just avoid spunking £400 000 on it though.

14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

As pointed out, if you want something this guy may be of help and has just done a 90th Aniv print for the Battle of Cambrai. Check this

15. Ironically, that would have been a lot funnier if you hadn't missed out the apostrophe in the word "transferees". In fact, it would still be grammatically correct if you put one after the word "soldiers" too.

:)