Comment in The Independent Today

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tubbyboy, Oct 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No it doesn't. Try again.

2. err ........no it doesn't

3. Worked for me.

One of the best articles I have read. Sums Brown up.

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Good article. Some of the truth about him is starting to emerge.

5. Gordon Brown; braver than the Grenadier Guards when it comes to taking money from pension funds to give to his mates in the public sector unions, a gutless wretch when he has to make any decision that might cost him personally.

Him and Bliar; how could any country really deserve that??

7. Why does he always do that funny thing with his mouth after talking....? Anyone else noticed?

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Oh yes! And once you've seen him do it you just look for it all the time.

9. Guys,

It would be nice to have commentary and analysis on the article, rather than just another series of rants.

10. Huraaaaaah it's PTP

11. 2 points of interest for me. The first is the irony of the fact that it is now the “left-wing” newspapers like the Independent and the Guardian who trumpet the army’s cause the loudest, presumably because we are the last centralised exploited workforce.

The other is just how badly the press seem to have taken Gordy’s indecision over the election and his minibreak in Eye-rak. I’m really not sure why: all he did was prevaricate over the former and lie and make political capital from the cynical manipulation of figures during the latter, so why have they found it so upsetting this time?

The tone of this article matches a lot of what I’ve been hearing on the radio today and it is quite extraordinary how hacked-off the press are with Brown. Both Brown(e)s, in fact: Swiss Des was getting a right grilling on PM this afternoon. Eddie Mair was almost sounding like a journalist, rather than the radio equivalent of “Hello!” magazine, which is the usual BBC position when interviewing one of their anointed New Labor (“there is no “u”, only us”) scotch liberal elite chums.

What has got their back up? Are they annoyed because they feel led up the garden path over the possibility of an election and now want to take it out on the Scottish Stalin? Or have they really grasped that, far from being the light at the end of the New Labor tunnel, Gordon Brown is really the rapidly expanding flame-front of a fireball of mediocrity and mendacity that threatens to engulf us all.

Sorry. I really did try not to rant there. It just slipped out.

12. Paoli,

You've got it in one; the journos are fed up of rice-pudding politics and spin and are now puting the boot in; they can clearly see that HMF is Gordon's weak point, especially when he tries to cloak himself with the flag.

I think ARRSE has had an influence here, by bringing our issues to the fore in a manner that the Labour Party spin machine is wholly unused to.

Now's the time to keep pushing, keep sticking it to that bugger in No10, especially since as Seymour Hersh has recently pointed out, Gordon has just approved of US plans to go after Iran, so long as they have the patinea of anti-terrorism.

Keep sending the boys out but don't back them up with cash, kit or CAS, you fcuking b@stard :x

13. Just back from the States. Read an article over there that the UK has signed up to an agreement to hit their mortar and IED factories. The strike being talked about today would appear to actually concern the Iranian involvement in killing US/UK troops in Iraq and Afg. This is quite different to a strike on their nuclear industry.

Edited to add that I read another article today citing the boomerang in Tory fortunes being attributed to the attack by Liam Fox over Broons spinning of UK troops last week. Would agree that arrse played a very big role in that story.

Keep it up boys. (and girls).