Commendation.

Have just heard that a certain trg SNCO has been awarded a GOC Commendation. I have also been informed that his Unit will not be holding an awards ceremony, makes you wonder doesnt it!!!

sobel said:
Have just heard that a certain trg SNCO has been awarded a GOC Commendation. I have also been informed that his Unit will not be holding an awards ceremony, makes you wonder doesnt it!!!
Congratulations.

sobel, you haven't "just heard" at all. you already posted about this a month ago. :roll:

in fact, all your 3 posts have been on this subject. it's beginning to look suspiciously like you are the recipient... if you so desperately want a presentation, just strap on a pair and ask for it.

p.s. congratulations. :)

P

PrinceAlbert

sobel said:
Awards ceremony??? Man up.

sobel said:
No it doesn't...

Now just go and look in the mirror, say "I'm a really special little soldier", and get over it...

cockend.

sobel said:
You haven't said which Bn etc this certain trg SNCO is in or what the commendation is for (maybe OPSEC) .....I agree that such a commendation should be rewarded by a low key ceremony, but maybe the Unit is waiting until a moment where it can kill a few birds with one stone i.e. combine it with a couple of LS & GC's thus making it a marked occasion in the mess and allow family attendance?

P

PrinceAlbert

reebrov said:
sobel said:
You haven't said which Bn etc this certain trg SNCO is in or what the commendation is for (maybe OPSEC) .....I agree that such a commendation should be rewarded by a low key ceremony, but maybe the Unit is waiting until a moment where it can kill a few birds with one stone i.e. combine it with a couple of LS & GC's thus making it a marked occasion in the mess and allow family attendance?
Or.....maybe he's a tw@t, and no-one cares?

Maybe so....but he (or maybe she) has been recognised by somebody for doing something right and i think that should be supported by fellow mess members.. (my opinion only). When there's so much negativity surrounding what we do nowadays it's good to look at the +'s...get the JNCOs into the mess as well to give them something to aspire to.

reebrov said:
it's good to look at the +'s...get the JNCOs into the mess as well to give them something to aspire to.
Would you really meet their aspirations by inviting them into the Seregeants' Mess? I would rather suggest you might set it as the topic of an aspiring NCOs OU MSC Thesis.

Cant wait for Summer School again this year!

adastra said:
reebrov said:
it's good to look at the +'s...get the JNCOs into the mess as well to give them something to aspire to.
Would you really meet their aspirations by inviting them into the Seregeants' Mess? I would rather suggest you might set it as the topic of an aspiring NCOs OU MSC Thesis.

Cant wait for Summer School again this year!
Do you talk like that in real life?

Your wife must be having affairs left right and centre. Your quite possibly the most boring man I have ever come across.

Don't worry, if you can stick round longer than some of the others, Bin Looney, Wench etc, your turn at OU will come DDI.

The mysical power that the OU holds over the Int Corps gains potency over time. You may yet escape its grasp. Time is on your side

Why not come over to Imagery Analysis and taste the real challenge of a strategic intelligence job? Perhaps Eye Spy might have a fatherly chat with you, then again he might not be the best role model :oops:

adastra said:
Don't worry, if you can stick round longer than some of the others, Bin Looney, Wench etc, your turn at OU will come DDI.

The mysical power that the OU holds over the Int Corps gains potency over time. You may yet escape its grasp. Time is on your side

Why not come over to Imagery Analysis and taste the real challenge of a strategic intelligence job? Perhaps Eye Spy might have a fatherly chat with you, then again he might not be the best role model :oops:
I'm a phenomenal role model, me.

It occurs to me we need to amend your signature block:

"A well-established and known (albeit massively overweight and sexually ambiguous) member of this little community who, despite all lessons from military history regarding the selection of effeminate aviators to Warrant rank, is to be promoted."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A AGC, RAPTC and SASC 1
B AGC, RAPTC and SASC 28
G Officers 37