Commemorate Waterloo Day with the Battlefiuelds Trust and the Fusiliers Museum London

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by BattlefieldsTrust, May 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Commemorate Waterloo Day on 18th June this year with The Battlefields Trust and our hosts the Fusiliers Museum HM Tower of London.

Join us for a talk on the battle by historian Carole Divall and for a sandwich lunch then network afterwards with a glass of wine, beer or Pimms in the Officers Mess HM Tower of London.
    Proceeds from the event will go to the Hougoumont Project, to raise funds to restore the iconic buildings on the battlefield of Waterloo.

This was a cause championed by our late President Professor Richard Holmes.
    Tickets include sandwich lunch and a drink as well as access to the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers RHQ in the HM Tower of London. To book follow the just giving link.
    Frank Baldwin is fundraising for The Battlefields Trust

Its a good excuise to take a long lunch!

2. I won't be able to go to this unfortunately but I did recently visit the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Museum in the Tower of London and thought it was an excellent display. I would recommend you visit it, if you go to the Tower, which is a grand day out.

RRFMuseum.jpg

Book online for Tower of London tickets which you just pick up at a separate ticket office there instead of having to queue for them like the hundreds of people we saw lined up to pay. I used myvouchercodes.co.uk for a Tower of London and London Eye deal which saved us about thirty quid. I paid online, printed off the voucher which I gave to the ticket office and they scanned the barcode in and job done. Saved us money and a long wait at a busy time.

3. Barking Spider, sorry to miss you this time. We will be running otrher lunchtime events - including 2nd July.

Please note that it does not cost anything extra to get into the Tower to attend our event. People on our guest list are waved through at the gate. There is no need to buy a ticket to visit the Tower to attend our event, whuch takes place in the ante room in the RHQ section of the Fusiliers building not open to the public. (Its the ground floor anteroom lower LHS window in your photo and has a cash bar run by the RRF mess staff with the usual military price structure. )