Commando On the Front Line (Watch it here)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Edam, Sep 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think I made a f*ck up......
    For some reason there is no sound.
    Sorry bout that :-(
  2. Join the Commandos and learn to clean your 'penis and balls' correctly.
  3. Could have done with more of a close up!
    Excellent show!
  4. 307

307 War Hero

Did watching that send a chill down anyone else's spine, flashbacks to NBC thrashings, methods of movement thashings and casevac 'exercises' to name but a few
  5. According to the blurb, the filmaker, Chris Terrill, was born in 1952: did he really complete the training/ pass the Commando Course? If so, IMO, an impressive feat!
  6. I have a good quality version, available as a torrent, from a private tracker. If anyone is interested still, PM me, and I will send you the download details.

7. Enjoyed it! :lol: Gave me some nasty reminders of Mud-Runs in the River Exe :( (...shudder...) - Glad to see they still happen though! :p

You reckon the Corporal "blooded up" a little bit before the shower demo?! - I would have!! :lol:

I'm glad that our great forces are getting a full series on prime-time T.V again so that the public realise there's more than X-factor and Big Brother on the box.

Can't wait to see the rest of the series :wink:
  8. Program about him on satalite Wednesday night.
  9. For anyone who missed it - ITV are showing the programme again on
    wednesday 26th at 22:00
  10. I enjoyed that although some of the direction seemed a bit strange, but I guess they were trying to make it a little different to programmes like it that have gone before. Am really looking forward to the next programme now.

Do all training Corporals and Officers show as much encouragement and even occasional friendliness as this lot these days, or was that just a hand picked team they put in for the series to improve the Commando image ? I was expecting a whole lot more bull and bluster than was portrayed for the early weeks.
  11. pop over for a look at mine any time, as close as you like :wink: