Commando Krav Maga

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Sandy_The_Guvnor, Feb 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been certified a Commando Krav Maga Instructor by Moni Aizik and will be looking too start classes in Catterick shortly.

I will post more details when i get things sorted or send a PM if you want to know any info.

2. [​IMG]
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

3. Sandy,

Any news on the classes yet?

E_C

4. Don't know if you guys know but super duper Israeli special forces counter-terror commando Moni Aizik has recently been exposed as a Walt.

Not quite Baron Castleshort standards but close.

In short:-

1. Claimed to be ex-Israeli SF but was in fact only a PTI.

2. Never had any contact with KM founder Imi Lichtenfeld and never taught the IDF anything either as he claimed.

So 'Commando Krav Maga' has absolutely nothing to do with authentic KM!

Full expose here.

Sandy, I really hope you didn't hand over large sums of money to the fraud.

5. Taz, nice of you to raise that here and not by pm to a follow arrser... just a thought.

6. There's no shame in it. We've all been duped by people we trusted at one time or another.

These fraudsters need to be publicly exposed.

7. Now that is interesting. Not long ago Azik's name came up on the Shortt thread in relation to him (Azik) being reported to the Advertising Standards Authority, and I stated that I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Thankfully, I didn't go next or near his Commando Krav Maga courses. Because I 'believed' his claims (or rather didn't disbelieve them) - which admittedly I didn't delve into - I cannot therefore say that I harboured any particular suspicions about him, but I can say that the very term Commando Krav Maga left me feeling a little uneasy; that, and the fact that he didn't seem to have any connection to mainstream Krav Maga. Additionally, like Shortt, it struck me that Azik has an 'I'm great me' fixation.

I have to say that I'm surprised at this, as I would have thought that in Israel, of all places - where someone would have to go out of their way to avoid military service - Azik could have served in the manner in which he claimed had he sought to. I wasn't aware of his 'me and three other guys against 1000 Syrians' claim before now, else I would have written him off as a bullsh*tter.

Those involved in the exposure of Moni Azik deserve praise for their methodology.

*edited for spelling

8. Azik is still advertising his bullsh1t in Martial Arts Illustrated... :roll:

9. Interesting.

Too right. Cheers for the heads up.

10. Krav Maga and Systema suffer from the same dynamic problems; being that the delivery method includes highly choreographed ‘defence’ and ‘attack’ sequences, that have very little real application for someone who might train only recreationally.

I’m surprised someone like Sandy with a wealth of C and B class MMA and MT experience would bother with this combat system.

11. Whats C and B class ???? and i was just trying too add another string too my bow

12. C and B class; the standard of event wthin a international context

13. First I've heard of this... :roll:

14. spend a bit more time on Sherdog then