Commando Dagger Badge Award

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Gunny Highway, Jun 11, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Believe it means they get to wear the dagger without doing the course

2. I am sorry, that is absolute bolloxs.

The dagger is for successful completion of the commando course.

That is a stupid story made up by the press.

My opinion based on experience.

The whole story sucks

Chris

3. Is there a Commando equivalent of the 'Lightbulb'

...a handle but no blade?! ;D

4. Tanx Ex Marine.  I thought there was no such thing as a Commando Dagger Award.  I'm hoping this is not another 'Walter Mitty' type squaddie, who now goes home on leave sporting the dagger on his arm !

5. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3029041.stm

As
     then it is not surprissing that Exmarine has no experience of such award.

6. I didn't think there was any other way of getting the dagger !  Nice of the Royal Marines to dish it out without doing the course !!

7. HLS

HLS Old-Salt

Well if a bint can pass the Cdo course why not hand the dagger out to all and sundry ;)

Where's that can of worms gone I'm sure I put it down here somewhere. ;D

8. then it is not surprissing that Exmarine has no experience of such award. Unquote.

Are you f###king stupid.

I was also on the AACC trg Team

As for the Bint getting it, good effort.........oh by the way she is an Army Capt.........and she had to do the course and not a freebee which is not possible in Corps logic.

Chris

9. which is not possible in Corps logic. Unquote

Which is why Edward got a f#ck off pill...the wanker thought it was an attend course.

Chris

10. Actually I have just sussed it.

The Unit was given a commando dagger on a plaque to form an association and thanks for its combined effort.

I will say again in plain English...........there is no way you can wear a Cdo dagger without passing the course the same as you cannot wack up any other badge without completing the course

Chris

11. Well it was nice to see the Doris had about twenty attempts at it and came back to 'do the bits she wasnt too good at'.

Exmarine, you have gone down in my estimation by revealing you were on the AACC trg team. I now place you lower than a low thing. Irrelevant.

12. Exmarine, you have gone down in my estimation by revealing you were on the AACC trg team. I now place you lower than a low thing. Irrelevant. Unquote.

You should ask the people I trained rather than make chippy statements which are beneath contempt.

I did all the speed marches and 30 milers with all the courses, with all kit, and had a great time being paid to keep fit.

The lads respected me which is important, not what a cyber geek with a poncy C/S thinks.

Yes she was wheeled around until she passed...not happy with that.

Chris

13. No.  Are you ?

All I have done is given quotes from other sources,   apart from the first post in this thread where I put what I thought was the correct answer.

This does not mean that I in anyway agree with anyone wearing any badge that they are not entitled to wear if they have not done the course and/or earnt it.

If you take my whole sentence in it's full context i.e.

what I was actually getting at was the fact that You are EXMARINE and this is THE FIRST TIME an army unit had received such recognition then I would not expect you to be aware of any such award, unless of course you are TOP MAN in the RM and therefore make the decisions ?

just one more quote for you from Blackcats link

So I take then EXMarine that they are all off to sew on a wooden plaque !