Commando course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the best place to post this.
I was just wondering if I did the commando course and joined 24 commando engineers are you then eligible to get your wings as well? I’ve seen marines with wings and just wondered if it’s the same for army commandos?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Try eBay if you like collecting badges, or the Scouts.

I was just wondering if I did the commando course and joined 24 commando engineers are you then eligible to get your wings as well? I’ve seen marines with wings and just wondered if it’s the same for army commandos?
Yes it is possible.

No, it is not guaranteed.

Are you a Sapper?

Yes.

All you need do is pass the warm up (Beat Up) of Achnacarry Troop, go to Lympstone and complete the AACC.

When you join a Commando Squadron and prove to be an outstanding soldier amongst your peers, you may be invited to join Recce Troop.

The rest, as they say, is easy and you'll be sewing on another badge before you can say RTU.

Yes and No,

For years most of the Recce elements of 3 CDO where Para trained,( a lot of them still are )but blokes in 16X are struggling to get on the BPC and although the AACC is an arduous course and entitles you to go to No 1 PTS and get your wings, you might find that is not the case.

If you want a Green lid and a dagger go 24, then after a few years go to 23 do P coy and earn the right to get your wings the proper way.

Not yet mate I’m joining engineers after going to AFC Harrogate in september
You may wish to concentrate on not being the intake biff before thinking of joining 24 Cdo Recce Tp.
What he said. DO NOT go around telling everyone you are going to be a skydiving, underwater knife fighting, super commando. You will look really silly when you biff it coming in last on a run and not quite making that last press up. Just tell everyone you want to be a good soldier and a good sapper, then listen to, and learn as much as possible from your corporals.

Good luck kiddo.

What he said. DO NOT go around telling everyone you are going to be a skydiving, underwater knife fighting, super commando. You will look really silly when you biff it coming in last on a run and not quite making that last press up. Just tell everyone you want to be a good soldier and a good sapper, then listen to, and learn as much as possible from your corporals.

Good luck kiddo.
Brilliant advice.

chimera

LE
Status
Not open for further replies.