Commander Ali Dizaei being prosecuted again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Fat_Cav, May 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well it seems the CPS want to charge Commander Ali Dizaei of the Met with the following offences:
    Perverting the course of justice
    Misconduct in a public office

I'm still out wether the Met are so blinkered in hanging out their arch enemy Ali to dry that they can't see where justice becomes harrasment, or Ali is attracted to the dark side and he's clever enough to blag his way out of the mire each time by one method or another.

Past cases he's won/have been dropped have shown elements of institutionalized racism within the force, but is there more to it?

BBC News

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Perverting the course of justice is a pretty heavy charge to throw at a copper. Seems to be for either fixing evidence or false reporting? Not good for him if its true.

As to the witch hunt suggestion, if the CPS has put up two charges, my money is on there being something in it.
    I bet there will be the standard "they've got it in for him" defence from the predictable side of the fence.

I'd rather we simply all said "wait out" and listened to the arguments in the only place that this will be settled - in court.

3. I's it because he is black?

4. I would dearly love to see the wheels come off the whole NBPA bandwagon.
    Perhaps the positive racism abundant in this country will die off at long last?

5. Dizaei in the cack yet again.

Does this man actually do any police work?

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

They say there is no smoke without fire.

Now, if a person is done by the Met once, it could be a mistake, and you might be abolved with your honour intact. If they attempt to do him twice, you might think 'Well, he's got off with it again, so perhaps he's clean as a whistle'.

Three times? weeeeellllllll . . . . .

After all the bad publicity the Met got over this guy and the BLACK Police Officer's Assiciation after the various times they have tried to get him, and after losing on many occasions . . . . . . .

They are trying again.

Now, in my most humble opinion, they would not do this unless they REALLY had a hard-on for the bloke, and nor would they have another go unless they were REALLY sure they had him this time.

Whjat I'm seeing here is a case of Sheet Metal Worker Syndrome. The writing is on the wall Dizae - fcuk off.

7. Here's the thing, would the NABPO ever not fully support him. Regardless of the validity of the charges they will support him to the end. My problem is that the NABPO seem to have their views on a case like this blurred by colour no matter what. That said from recent history it would not suprise me for the MET to go after someone they don't like regardless of the evidence. No one smells of roses in this case

8. Unfortunately I think the race card will come out again, why it’s brought out is beyond me. As to the National Black Police Association getting involved is also beyond me. Should it not be the Association of Chief Police Officers who fully support him? Race has nothing to do with him being charged by the CPS but I bet a pound to a pinch of salt that it will be brought up.

If this Officer is up in court so many times accused of perverting the course of justice and misconduct in a public office. Why is he still in the job? Why has he not been let go?

9. I agree, knowing how he works, any naughties all be up in some libel court of other.

I'm interested in opinion of how the Met are percieved as the upholders of the law of the land or bitter losers with a score to settle.

Smoke with out fire maybe, but the smoke may be being wafted in by the Met?

Lastly, the whole white Uno and flash light trick would have been quicker and cheaper. . . . . . . allegdly!

10. Not quite sure but I suspect that the NBYBSCMRAAPP (National Black Yellow Brown Slighty-Chocolate Mixed-race Asian Arabic Persian Police Associaiton) would have been a real mouthful.

11. A former Austrian Corporal would have probably classed him as "Aryan". :)