Coming back to The Corps

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by pingu823, Apr 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left 4 years ago after spending 5 years as a SpecOp (cue abuse). Sick of civvie street so coming back to the good times!!!

Provisionally booked for July 6th to go back to Blandford and will be re-trading to Comm Sys Engineer.

As I have a few months spare, I would like to do some pre-course study.

Could someone give me a few tips and pointers at what I could be looking up and reading in the meantime.

I don't have any IS experience.

I was considering picking up a CCENT or CCNA book and just reading through that, but seems that there is alot of Microsoft based knowledge and other areas.

Anyone just finished the course??? Could you give me an outline of what you done.

Thanks in advance.

Pingu

2. Suggest you have a look through CompTIA A+ & Network+
    And if you have enough time & knowledge you took take them before joining up!
    Both are vendor neutral, where as Cisco is aimed at those using Cisco kit.
    Their are other network makers out their!!

3. To be honest Pingu, you don't need to worry about reading up before re-joining. You've got a whole year of trade training ahead and it covers an awful lot of ground, so reading up on IT stuff wouldn't be any more relevant than basic electronics, radio principles or any other technical underpinning skills. Concentrate on your fitness instead and get psyched up for living back in communal accommodation and doing block jobs.

4. Unemployable, Is it you I have been speaking with over hotmail???

Poison, A few people keep telling me that, which is fine. I know the course is going to teach me everything. However, I have 3 months off and I am literally sitting at home all day every day bored stiff.

Fitness is all good, been training since January to get back into it. What's the accom like for the lance jacks???? Please don't tell me I have to share with the rest of the lads???

Last time I was at Blandford was about 8 years ago, good old Anson Block (aka Castle Greyskull)

5. What do you think it is, the fookin Ritz Carlton.....?

LOL