Comedians that are not funny but think they are

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
par avion said:
I don't think he needed to go as far as Soho. There were plenty of funny boys in Earls Court.

Living in Earls court Sq for 4 years on my return from Africa & getting a trainee managers job in London I can say with certainty, Rarely Aussies! There were certain pubs that were gay hangouts, IIRC the The Coleherne Arms public house was a gay pub in west London. Located at 261 Old Brompton Road, Earls Court, it was a popular landmark leather bar during the 1960's, 1970s and 1980s. & the Bolton pub. There was another one but I've forgotten it. Needless to say I avoided them all after the first v. brief visit checking the local hostelries out!.
The thing that made it great for me in the "Swinging Sixties" were the huge volume of birds staying at the Overseas Visitors Club, mainly antipodean, saffers, Rhodies or Canucks with the odd Septic bird, hence Kangaroo Valley.
After spending 3 years in NR where available birds were almost non existent, I was like a kid being let lose in an all you can eat sweetshop!! There was also the Zambezi club where you could often meet those who were from N & S Rhodesia, the local fuzz hung out there as well.
Being a poverty stricken trainee manager, there were quite a few very cheap cafe's like "The Stockpot" where you could get a v. cheap meal which filled you up.
People have no idea just how great it was then and think you were exaggerating it, no way, I was the only Brit in the bunch of lads I hung out with in my time there, we all had an absolute ball & enjoyed every minute!!
When we did the Royal Tournament at EC we were not allowed to drink within three tube stops of Earls Court

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
If you have Sky you will no doubt see the trailers for their programmes.
One crops up quite often and just a small clip makes me wonder who thinks this twat is funny and how does he make a living calling himself a comedian?

Who am I talking about? Russel Howard. If those are the best clips to get you to tune in then he’s even unfunnier than a Welsh Labour Party Political Broadcast, and the rest of his show must be fecking really bad.

Not a Comedian, but those bloody Carl things that keep popping up, about as funny as a poke in the eye with a rusty needle.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

EddieVDog

Clanker
I was just looking at another thread about the supposed comedy show Taskmasters and reading peoples thoughts.

There are a lot of negative replies and this got me to thinking what programmes/comedians that are on Tele BUT are not funny at all in my eyes so i was wondering who commissions their programmes and is a lot of it who you/they know

For Instance:

Victoria Wood - Not funny
Miranda Hart - Not funny
Jo Brand - Not funny at all
Catherine Tate - Not funny
Ruby Wax - Not funny
Jimmy Carr - Not funny and a tax dodging smug twat
Eddie Izzard - Not funny and not sure if he is even a comedian
Michael McIntyre - Not funny
Frankie Boyle - Not funny and a twat
Jack Dee - Was funny but not now

The thing is its our TV Licence fees that are paying for these unfunny, funny fukers, maybe its just my age but comedians used to make me laugh these make me turn over or OFF

Please feel free to add or take away from the list
Russell Howard - someone should have told him that having a bone West country accent does not automatically confer comedic status
Jack Whitehall - not funny, unless acting like a bewildered five year old about to burst into tears is funny
David Walliams - not funny and also most likely to get a knock on the door from 'Operation Yewtree'
'Lost voice guy' from BGT - not in the slightest bit funny...Stephen Hawking with twice the drool and less than half the intelligence
Speccy kid in walking frame from BGT - not funny, not at all.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Russell Howard - someone should have told him that having a bone West country accent does not automatically confer comedic status
Jack Whitehall - not funny, unless acting like a bewildered five year old about to burst into tears is funny
David Walliams - not funny and also most likely to get a knock on the door from 'Operation Yewtree'
'Lost voice guy' from BGT - not in the slightest bit funny...Stephen Hawking with twice the drool and less than half the intelligence
Speccy kid in walking frame from BGT - not funny, not at all.
That last line, now that’s funny. BGT? Is that another branch of LGBT:-?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The-Duke.
e6960773-1a11-4825-a401-d8a125ebca97_text.gif

Well there you go.

Yet another much loved Radio 4 programme well and truly fucked.

Who would you have chosen?

Remember it is the 'all new BBC'

miner69er

War Hero
I would have gone the other way and put Giles in first to bat.

But Sue Perkins - jaysus what is it about the BEEB that they have to play to the liberarti

Stephen Fry would have been a better choice.

Gyles Brandreth a close second
Two white gay males....Yes I agree but I like Gyles Brandreth on the show

Latest Threads