Comedians that are not funny but think they are

Bring back Angus.

I daresay he could be tempted........

1621684722717.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I was just looking at another thread about the supposed comedy show Taskmasters and reading peoples thoughts.

There are a lot of negative replies and this got me to thinking what programmes/comedians that are on Tele BUT are not funny at all in my eyes so i was wondering who commissions their programmes and is a lot of it who you/they know

For Instance:

Victoria Wood - Not funny
Miranda Hart - Not funny
Jo Brand - Not funny at all
Catherine Tate - Not funny
Ruby Wax - Not funny
Jimmy Carr - Not funny and a tax dodging smug twat
Eddie Izzard - Not funny and not sure if he is even a comedian
Michael McIntyre - Not funny
Frankie Boyle - Not funny and a twat
Jack Dee - Was funny but not now

The thing is its our TV Licence fees that are paying for these unfunny, funny fukers, maybe its just my age but comedians used to make me laugh these make me turn over or OFF

Please feel free to add or take away from the list
Of those listed by the OP, only Brand, Wax and McIntyre do I find unfunny. The rest have all made me laugh regularly; I don't have to like them or agree with them - they're just funny.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I really don't think that would make any difference. The format has lost its appeal, and as previous stated, the two team leaders seem totally uninterested. AD i would be an embarrassment , for him and the audience.
I was being facetious, somewhat.

A problem is that genuine wit has been replaced by sniping and spite.

But, let's debate: if the format is knackered, what's a more modern alternative?

I don't think the panel show has had its day. What's happened is that it's been hijacked by also-rans with cookie-cutter opinions. Get real talent back again and I think you'd see a real change.

I was appalled when I read that pretty much every comment on modern shows is scripted, and bits are re-shot to get the timing and laughs. I know far funnier, spontaneous people just from round and about in life in general.

Thus, what we see is a conceit and it underlines that these people ain't worth the salaries/appearance fees.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
But, let's debate: if the format is knackered, what's a more modern alternative?
Do we really need another mostly political team led " Lets slag them all off, because we can" format on our screens. The daily papers seem to be doing a thoroughly good job on their own. I realise that not all topics are political, and the quirky side of life is shown, but those little episodes have been gleaned from the days media. Its had its day, time to pension it off.

I quoted this dit on another thread, and it seems appropriate on this one:- Walking briskly in Soho, central london, i turned a corner into Wardour* street, and slammed into kenny williams, after initial apologies i realized who it was, now, you would expect an " Ok no problem, no damage done", sort of reply. No, i got a mouthful of the most abusive language, almost screaming. :eek:

Wardour street,* Soho and golden square is the center of the film and theater production offices, advertising, voice over and editing studios, the British HQ for all the major film companies, and agencies.;)
I heard Williams was a bit paranoid around this time...

Issi

LE
I was appalled when I read that pretty much every comment on modern shows is scripted, and bits are re-shot to get the timing and laughs. I know far funnier, spontaneous people just from round and about in life in general.
I mentioned this in a different thread.
Apparently, they spend the afternoon in the office with the writers, who then essentially ration out the lines.

“Right Jeremy, you say this, and then we’ll cut to Peter who can add this bit”

It annoys me immensely when people go on about how spontaneous some comics are.
I’m sure there are some very quick witted ones out there, but the rest are just regurgitating.
It’s probably why Paul Merton appears so bored.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Nope.

Because that's where he learned his trade (in Repertory), and called "home".

I trust your Helmand connections are somewhat shallower :thumleft:
Never heard of that way of getting the moniker, but if it's where one gets their first practical trade experience then I guess I'm an Angolan boy.

I mentioned this in a different thread.
Apparently, they spend the afternoon in the office with the writers, who then essentially ration out the lines.

“Right Jeremy, you say this, and then we’ll cut to Peter who can add this bit”

It annoys me immensely when people go on about how spontaneous some comics are.
I’m sure there are some very quick witted ones out there, but the rest are just regurgitating.
It’s probably why Paul Merton appears so bored.

The best I've ever seen was Barry Humphries playing Sir Les Patterson, about 30 years ago.

He played a big theatre in Manchester, talk about keeping spinning plates in the air......?

He was doing his normal act, taking the piss out of the audience, destroying hecklers, and at the same time he'd dragged up about 8 members from the audience and his sussy clad assistants had dragged a lit barbecue, picnic tables, burgers and salad etc onto the stage, and he was supervising that as well.

Spent about 3 hours crying with laughter.

If it's fvcking ugly, and dominates the skyline from whatever direction you approach the town, like a massive concrete toffee apple, yes, and you are damned.

If it isn't, it's a smaller eyesore, somewhere else, and a few Hail Marys may yet get you out of jail
If it's fvcking ugly, and dominates the skyline from whatever direction you approach the town, like a massive concrete toffee apple, yes, and you are damned.

If it isn't, it's a smaller eyesore, somewhere else, and a few Hail Marys may yet get you out of jail
Cant be the Civic then. It was demolished in 2010 according to the web.

I quoted this dit on another thread, and it seems appropriate on this one:- Walking briskly in Soho, central london, i turned a corner into Wardour* street, and slammed into kenny williams, after initial apologies i realized who it was, now, you would expect an " Ok no problem, no damage done", sort of reply. No, i got a mouthful of the most abusive language, almost screaming. :eek:

Wardour street,* Soho and golden square is the center of the film and theater production offices, advertising, voice over and editing studios, the British HQ for all the major film companies, and agencies.;)
A lad who was in my class at Hendon met Kenneth Williams when he was posted to Kensington Police Station in early 1988. Not a word out of Ken though. He was on the mortuary slab, when the the new probationers posted to the station attend a post mortem as part of their Street Duties Training Course (known as puppy walking). The PM was being conducted on Ken as he committed suicide by taking an overdose.

Latest Threads