Comedians that are not funny but think they are

Floyd and then Stein were both products of the same producer/director, David Pritchard.

Saw Stein on one of those Saturday morning type cook shows, without his usual crew he was next to useless.
Didn't he die half way through the making of Stein's French jaunt?

I expect that he would have had to have been a pretty formidable character in his own right as Floyd was a drunk who was quite happy to bully underlings and I suspect that Stein (in spite of his post-edit jolly persona) is a moody type with an ego and temper to match.

Chef

LE
He wrote the first Blackadder series. For the second one, they got someone actually funny in. The difference is very, very noticeable.
Close but no cigar.

The first series was Richard Curtis and Rowan Atkinson. Ben Elton was drafted in for the subsequent and funnier follow ups.

I expect that he would have had to have been a pretty formidable character in his own right as Floyd was a drunk who was quite happy to bully underlings and I suspect that Stein (in spite of his post-edit jolly persona) is a moody type with an ego and temper to match.

I've worked with chefs who've either worked with him, or have second hand gen from those who have. Your assessment doesn't seem too far off.

That's debatable, I have seen far better on the tonight I cooked thread. Cheeky and chirpy yes but chefs they are not.

Actually, they are. The simplistic stuff they put out for broadcast is to draw in the punters, and make Joe public believe they could do this as well. A show demonstrating what they're capable of wouldn't get the ratings to keep it on air.

NSP

LE
Close but no cigar.

The first series was Richard Curtis and Rowan Atkinson. Ben Elton was drafted in for the subsequent and funnier follow ups.
Well I never. I sit corrected.

So it was actually Curtis who was the unfunny cunt. Who'd have thunk it...?!!

That being said, Elton's still an unfunny lefty cunt, though.

Actually, they are. The simplistic stuff they put out for broadcast is to draw in the punters, and make Joe public believe they could do this as well. A show demonstrating what they're capable of wouldn't get the ratings to keep it on air.
I will skip that invite for dinner, " the simplistic stuff they put out.......Make Joe public believe they could do as well" Yes they can, simply, I reckon a blind one handed chimpanzee could turn that shit out day in day out.
It's as if they went on the ACC course and skipped every other day ...

He was good in The IT Crowd. That other Richard, the tall smartarse, what a t**t.

The Travel Guy thing that he does is, I think, largely unscripted and very heavily edited. The formula seems to be something like, 'just keep on saying stuff, and we'll keep in any good bits'. Unfortunately, in an effort to keep up the work rate, he comes across as being quite rude to some of the locals.

The 'chuck shit at the wall and see what sticks' approach was also used in that awful 'Three Men in a Boat' series. One of the best bits was not edited out. It was when the deeply unpleasant Rory McGrath genuinely lost his rag because Griff Rhys Jones and Dara O' Briain kept cutting across what he obviously believed to be his funny bits.

rifleair

War Hero

Watching the current series on This Cornish fishing life, not one person has come up with a good word for Stein, plenty have many bad words!

Latest Threads