Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comedians that are not funny but think they are

Very true, but the real chefs do far more than prep.
Its all about making an entertaining half an hour of telly.
Not cookery.
Or its geared towards capturing a great cover shot for their latest book.
Most poeple do not understand the extent of subterfuge that goes on.
most episodes of countdown can take more than half a day.
And don't get me started on that Bradley creature.
He is so trying to get his sons foot in the door, and i fear he has already succeded.
Every episode of their roadtrip programme has his son showing off his mediocre musical talent.
I feel embarrassed for the whole production, on the very rare times i have watched it..
But, Hey money is money.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Very true, but the real chefs do far more than prep.
Its all about making an entertaining half an hour of telly.
Not cookery.
Or its geared towards capturing a great cover shot for their latest book.
Most poeple do not understand the extent of subterfuge that goes on.
most episodes of countdown can take more than half a day.
And don't get me started on that Bradley creature.
He is so trying to get his sons foot in the door, and i fear he has already succeded.
Every episode of their roadtrip programme has his son showing off his mediocre musical talent.
I feel embarrassed for the whole production, on the very rare times i have watched it..
But, Hey money is money.

Floyd and then Stein were both products of the same producer/director, David Pritchard.

Saw Stein on one of those Saturday morning type cook shows, without his usual crew he was next to useless.

Floyd and then Stein were both products of the same producer/director, David Pritchard.

Saw Stein on one of those Saturday morning type cook shows, without his usual crew he was next to useless.
BBC Bristol.
It was not a very convivial lunch when the head's stooge showed up to approve / keep an eye on the shoot. He sent a woman executive, but it was very clear that they had just pulled the plug on his tv carreer, And he should flog as many books as he could as quickly as possible.
Because he would not be making any more TV shows.

He was very entertaining to work with though and a nice bloke, I got the feeling that because he had been raking in the millions he thought that the BEEB had no right to pull the plug.

Last edited:
Just to add, I think he was right.
This was before the likes of progrrames like Top Gear became popular, and he was probably the biggest cash cow for the BBC.
That Clarkson bloke and his team were pulling in about fifty million for the BEEB and after a very hard days filming they were offered a cheese sandwich.
Can you imagine Tom Cruise or Jack nicholson getting that treatment?
I would have chinned the c*nt as well.

Just to add, I think he was right.
This was before the likes of progrrames like Top Gear became popular, and he was probably the biggest cash cow for the BBC.
That Clarkson bloke and his team were pulling in about fifty million for the BEEB and after a very hard days filming they were offered a cheese sandwich.
Can you imagine Tom Cruise or Jack nicholson getting that treatment?
I would have chinned the c*nt as well.
What annoyed me was that this unfunny cnut was allowed to keep his job as deputy leader of our country; embarrassing himself in front of the world, whereas the legend that is Clarkson got the hoof for doing the same in private.

Unknown.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
BBC Bristol.
It was not a very convivial lunch when the head's stooge showed up to approve / keep an eye on the shoot. He sent a woman executive, but it was very clear that they had just pulled the plug on his tv carreer, And he should flog as many books as he could as quickly as possible.
Because he would not be making any more TV shows.

He was very entertaining to work with though and a nice bloke, I got the feeling that because he had been raking in the millions he thought that the BEEB had no right to pull the plug.

There were interesting splits in the profits.
Floyd and Stein's TV shows belong to the production company (and still earn them money from royalties as the various repeats are continually shown on various channels)

The books however are BBC books and the profits are theirs.

I was just looking at another thread about the supposed comedy show Taskmasters and reading peoples thoughts.

There are a lot of negative replies and this got me to thinking what programmes/comedians that are on Tele BUT are not funny at all in my eyes so i was wondering who commissions their programmes and is a lot of it who you/they know

For Instance:

Victoria Wood - Not funny
Miranda Hart - Not funny
Jo Brand - Not funny at all
Catherine Tate - Not funny
Ruby Wax - Not funny
Jimmy Carr - Not funny and a tax dodging smug twat
Eddie Izzard - Not funny and not sure if he is even a comedian
Michael McIntyre - Not funny
Frankie Boyle - Not funny and a twat
Jack Dee - Was funny but not now

The thing is its our TV Licence fees that are paying for these unfunny, funny fukers, maybe its just my age but comedians used to make me laugh these make me turn over or OFF

Please feel free to add or take away from the list
Victoria Wood not funny? You are avin a laugh aren't you...

Alexei Sayle was one of the first 'Alternative' Comedians. Sometimes he was funny sometimes he wasn't...

The most unfunniest 'comedian' on the planet ever was Ben Elton. Angsty humongous pillock that he was even in his hey day. God what a fucking boring irritable twat he was.

Steve Womack's play on words I'd Like to kiss you fer China and others....ribs were never the same again after that...

Lacking Moral Fibre

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Micky Flanagan, I was told he was funny and watched the series he did where him and a mate cycled across parts of Europe. They stopped off at a farm near Ypres that has tons of WW1 items they've ploughed up over the years. As the owner showed them around Flanagan and his mate made childish jokes to each other and giggled throughout. The Belgium bloke seemed amazed that 2 Brits could be so disrespectful.

I rate this guy as funny but only if you can understand jockish...

NSP

LE
The most unfunniest 'comedian' on the planet ever was Ben Elton. Angsty humongous pillock that he was even in his hey day. God what a ******* boring irritable twat he was.
He wrote the first Blackadder series. For the second one, they got someone actually funny in. The difference is very, very noticeable.

Edit: see subsequent posts...

Last edited:

Latest Threads