Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comedians that are not funny but think they are

Now you could riposte with, well just don't watch them; which I would gladly do, but some just seem to be on everything and are constantly thrust at us, particularly by the BBC...in particular

David Walliams - not funny, never has been funny. I had rather hoped the blackface scandal would reduce our over exposure to him but sadly not. There is something strange and sinister about him, I get the feeling a large amount of unpleasantness will all come out in decade or so and we will be shocked (but not shocked).

Jo Brand. - was a bit funny in the 80s, when jokes about periods and vaginas was still risque. Now just another smug left bore and keeps turning up everywhere. Come on BBC, don't pussyfoot around, stick her (or Claire "boring" Balding) on Top Gear as a presenter, you know you want to. To be frank, you couldn't make it any worse...brings me on to.

Paddy McGuiness - Was funny with Peter Kaye, now not funny and over exposed. The northern boy routine is old and over the top now and is done much better by others. His wife is a prick too, constantly bangs on about how having autistic twins (no, not those pneumatic tits of hers) means she can't go out etc etc, then rocks up constantly on holiday or on the piss with Cheshire WAG types.

Miranda Hart -oh please just fcuk off. yeah you're a bit weird and quirky which works for some, but you are not as funny as you think.

Nish Kumar - one trick lefty pony. not funny. At least Ben Elton could get a laugh.

Pheobe Waller-Bridge - OK, if you like that cringy humour thing, then fleabag was ok. But being involved in a Bond script? I shudder to think.

Amy Schumer - we get it, you have a vagina. All her material is based round that, its old now, so fcuk off.

Alan Davies - was funny when he started out, now just a pseudo-intellectual oozing smugness, when he's not voicing programmes about dog welfare. crushingly middle class, home counties, judgemental fop.

Mrs Browns Boys - all of them. Was funny for the first 1 or 2 episodes, how it is still on mainstream TV is beyond me.

Matt Lucas - used to be amusing but the act has all got a bit old, go away now please. If I was trying to bake, under pressure and I had that gurning twat in my grid, he'd find a pallet knife between his porky ribs quite sharpish.

Sarah Millican - Is certainly on the slide. Was pretty funny when she started out but its becoming all a bit the same/repetitive. It must be something about getting a TV show that kills a bit of whatever made them funny to start with, or maybe there just isn't much depth.

My wife has a thing about the Royal Variety Performance (having been on it as a child). Was forced to sit through it for 10 minutes last night. Not sure if Jason Manford was ever funny, but he certainly isn’t now. Excruciating, fortunately she called it quits after 10 minutes and we had a whisky instead.

Now you could riposte with, well just don't watch them; which I would gladly do, but some just seem to be on everything and are constantly thrust at us, particularly by the BBC...in particular

David Walliams - not funny, never has been funny. I had rather hoped the blackface scandal would reduce our over exposure to him but sadly not. There is something strange and sinister about him, I get the feeling a large amount of unpleasantness will all come out in decade or so and we will be shocked (but not shocked).

Jo Brand. - was a bit funny in the 80s, when jokes about periods and vaginas was still risque. Now just another smug left bore and keeps turning up everywhere. Come on BBC, don't pussyfoot around, stick her (or Claire "boring" Balding) on Top Gear as a presenter, you know you want to. To be frank, you couldn't make it any worse...brings me on to.

Paddy McGuiness - Was funny with Peter Kaye, now not funny and over exposed. The northern boy routine is old and over the top now and is done much better by others. His wife is a prick too, constantly bangs on about how having autistic twins (no, not those pneumatic tits of hers) means she can't go out etc etc, then rocks up constantly on holiday or on the piss with Cheshire WAG types.

Miranda Hart -oh please just fcuk off. yeah you're a bit weird and quirky which works for some, but you are not as funny as you think.

Nish Kumar - one trick lefty pony. not funny. At least Ben Elton could get a laugh.

Pheobe Waller-Bridge - OK, if you like that cringy humour thing, then fleabag was ok. But being involved in a Bond script? I shudder to think.

Amy Schumer - we get it, you have a vagina. All her material is based round that, its old now, so fcuk off.

Alan Davies - was funny when he started out, now just a pseudo-intellectual oozing smugness, when he's not voicing programmes about dog welfare. crushingly middle class, home counties, judgemental fop.

Mrs Browns Boys - all of them. Was funny for the first 1 or 2 episodes, how it is still on mainstream TV is beyond me.

Matt Lucas - used to be amusing but the act has all got a bit old, go away now please. If I was trying to bake, under pressure and I had that gurning twat in my grid, he'd find a pallet knife between his porky ribs quite sharpish.

Sarah Millican - Is certainly on the slide. Was pretty funny when she started out but its becoming all a bit the same/repetitive. It must be something about getting a TV show that kills a bit of whatever made them funny to start with, or maybe there just isn't much depth.
Your post is funnier than anything that lot on the list have produced.

David Walliams reminds me of Frankie Howerd and he was a renowned predatory homosexual who's predatory nature only emerged after his death.

He appeared at a car club dinner I was dragged to.
He was so bad everyone turned their backs to him and talked among themselves. Finally he took the hint and just walked off the stage.
Similar reaction from a band in the Sin Bin, after a couple of tunes :
“You’re allowed to clap”
”you’re allowed to play some decent music”

flounce...

I saw him at a social club in Liverpool in the 90s and he did 7pm until midnight and he had much more in the tank. I felt ill with all the laughing. The steward threw him out in the end.
He was the top of the bill on one episode of "The Good Old Days". He was still going as Leonard Sachs talked to the final credits on screen. I've often wondered if they just let him get on with it after they had to stop filming.

My wife has a thing about the Royal Variety Performance (having been on it as a child). Was forced to sit through it for 10 minutes last night. Not sure if Jason Manford was ever funny, but he certainly isn’t now. Excruciating, fortunately she called it quits after 10 minutes and we had a whisky instead.
Now Manford is definitely someone who woukd benefit from being disembowelled with a blunt spoon...

Daz

LE
Any so-called Comedian who resorts to using vulgarity should be banned from all broadcasts.
It 'appened to me, missus.

1607526611366.png

Couldn't decide whether to go through her or toss misself off.

What ? What? 'ere, you're filthy you lot.

It 'appened to me, missus.

View attachment 527550

Couldn't decide whether to go through her or toss misself off.

What ? What? 'ere, you're filthy you lot.
" I like the girls who do
and I like the girls who don't
and i like the girls who say they will
and then say that they don,t
But of all the girls I've ever met
and I know you'll say i'm right
is the girl that says she never will.............

...but looks as though she might...." Max Miller 1967.

Last edited:

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer

Very well said.

Issi

War Hero
I only found out recently, that the majority of the quick fire comedy quiz shows are all (more or less) scripted in advance.
9 out of 10 cats
Would I lie to you? etc.

Apparently they have a big old meeting the day before the filming, and the writers give out their lines to the guests and indicate when to chuck in the funny bits.
I'm sure that there is an element of ad libbing to some of them, but most of the funny, oh so clever quips, were worked out days in advance.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I only found out recently, that the majority of the quick fire comedy quiz shows are all (more or less) scripted in advance.
9 out of 10 cats
Would I lie to you? etc.

Apparently they have a big old meeting the day before the filming, and the writers give out their lines to the guests and indicate when to chuck in the funny bits.
I'm sure that there is an element of ad libbing to some of them, but most of the funny, oh so clever quips, were worked out days in advance.
In further news that may upset you, there is no such thing as Father Christmas either.

9 out of 10 cats
Would I lie to you? etc.

Never mind that crap . . . I can get you onto the ground floor of Magic Beans *tap, tap*

Interested? PM me, yah?