Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comedians that are not funny but think they are

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
One of the reasons that the whole dynamics of the Father/Son relationship and more specifically the arguments worked was the fact that in real life the actors actually hated each other
Well he was a “orrible little man”.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Going back a number of years it would be hard to find someone as unfunny as that cnut Freddie fuckin parrot face fuckin Davis, he was about as funny as following through while acting as a pall bearer, though that other so called comedian Charlie Williams runs him close
Your mention of Charlie Williams reminded me of how Charlie Drake was also incredibly unfunny too...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Steptoe and Son - every series, every 30 minute episode, a work of genius.

You couldn't help but laugh, but the Dad/Son/mutually dependent/trapped relationship was so close to real life that - at the same time as making you laugh - it (never mind scenes like Steptoes senior eating pickled onions in the bath, in the living room, FFS!) made you feel uncomfortable, but in a kinda 'this is weird, this is a train crash disaster, I don't want to see - but I can't look away' manner.

I can see why it's appeal wasn't as universal as (say) Eric and Ernie - but it was never gonna be that kind of show.

Is it as strong now as it was then?

Hard to say: if you don't remember rag'n'bone men doing their rounds in your street the same day every week, it's likely the scenario is as alien and incomprehensioble as the stage setting for Waiting for Godot.

But if you're of an age . . . .​
Steptoe and Son was certainly of an age, just look at this clip, not sure the beeb will be re showing this episode any time soon. Surprised it hasn’t been destroyed and obliterated from history.

Steptoe and Son was certainly of an age, just look at this clip, not sure the beeb will be re showing this episode any time soon. Surprised it hasn’t been destroyed and obliterated from history.

Talking of racism, London, the 70's and unfunny comedians (oh, and poofters too) check this one out.

It ticks all the boxes including the desperately unfunny one.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Talking of racism, London, the 70's and unfunny comedians (oh, and poofters too) check this one out.

It ticks all the boxes including the desperately unfunny one.

Wtf was that and what year was that broadcasted?
I’m sure that was never on in my house thank goodness.

Wtf was that and what year was that broadcasted?
I’m sure that was never on in my house thank goodness.
Here you go.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thinking back to "the young ones". Alexie bloody Sayle.

I remember him being amusing when he did the 'cockfighting' and 'god moving in mysterious ways'

Your mention of Charlie Williams reminded me of how Charlie Drake was also incredibly unfunny too...
I know a now grown man who can tell tales of as a small boy having to watch his sister perform “ special dances” at “.special party’s “ at which Charlie Drake was present.
Special dance in case anyone is in any doubt meant naked, and she was under 10.
He was what he looked like a sweaty little Paedophile.

I know a now grown man who can tell tales of as a small boy having to watch his sister perform “ special dances” at “.special party’s “ at which Charlie Drake was present.
Special dance in case anyone is in any doubt meant naked, and she was under 10.
He was what he looked like a drunken sweaty little Paedophile.
Edited to add clarity.

Latest Threads