Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comedians that are not funny but think they are

Nobody's mentioned him yet & I know he's not to everyone's taste, but Jethro never fails to make me laugh.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes they do & we've probably aged better than it has...
The way I feel some days I‘m not to sure, but you are quite right, a lot of these old programmes aren’t quite as funny or as good as we remember them.

The way I feel some days I‘m not to sure, but you are quite right, a lot of these old programmes aren’t quite as funny or as good as we remember them.
Spot on, I somehow found myself watching an episode of Budgie with Adam Faith on fuk knows what channel, what a load of old shite it really was

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Spot on, I somehow found myself watching an episode of Budgie with Adam Faith on fuk knows what channel, what a load of old shite it really was
I watched one of those a few years back, well twenty minutes or so and like you thought, wtf is this all about.

Chimp

ADC
1606325191764.png
Tufty

Freeview 81......... it's a great shame, because there's some fabulous tv and film from the 30's to the 70's, but sadly they tend to put on the absolute rubbish, probably because it's so godawful, they don't have to pay to broadcast it.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Harry Enfield and Steve Cooghan are another two for the unfunny list.

Harry Enfield? You mean the Harry Enfield that has created characters with Paul Whitehouse as having been some of the funniest and most quoteable of the last 20-25 years?

What in the wide, wide world of sports are you thinking?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Harry Enfield? You mean the Harry Enfield that has created characters with Paul Whitehouse as having been some of the funniest and most quoteable of the last 20-25 years?

I saw him booed off stage in Dundee when he was a support act.

His loads of money character did not resonate well with the audience, neither did Terribly nice Tim, nor the you don't want to do that unhelpful father type.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Whitehouse on his own - funny. Whitehouse with Enfield - funny.

Enfield with Whitehouse - funny. Enfield without Whitehouse - not funny.

Seeing it?

Whitehouse on his own - funny. Whitehouse with Enfield - funny.

Enfield with Whitehouse - funny. Enfield without Whitehouse - not funny.

Seeing it?
nope, this is a thread for shit comedians. Enfield may not be in the same league as Whitehouse (who is not a stand up as far as I know) but he isn't shit.

isn't Whitehouse more of a funny character actor / writer?

Daz

LE