Comedian

Mornin'

Seeing as summer has failed to attend again, i might as well start thinking about Crimbo, particularly the Mess do. Last year's entertainment was dire, so i was wondering if any arrsers could recommend Comedians/Acts that they've seen or booked and even ones to avoid.
Id like to book Jim Jefferies but i dont think mess funds would stretch. :lol:

I also wanted Madness tribute band BADNESS, but theyre unsurprisingly busy. Absolutely awesome if you get the chance 8)

CplFoodspoiler said:
The Glitter Band is free for xmas
You B*stard!!!! :D :D :clap: OMSL :D :D

edited to add; see what you did? Made me do mong shpelling PMSL!!!!

CplFoodspoiler said:
The Glitter Band is free for xmas
:p Be an idea though eh ? Bet i could get them cut price, and there wouldnt be much temptation, as its not as if its a family day. He might get flashbacks if he spots some of the little ghurka women cleaners :lol:

I can personnaly recommend a tribute band called, WINGSBANNED.

They are, as the name suggests, a McCartney/Beatles tribute band, and they are playing at the Beatles Festival this weekend. They headlined at the Cavern last night.

The fact that I have roadied for them doesnt make me biased at all, they are bloody good!

Their line-up includes a guy who used to play drums for Mud.

Let me know if you want some conatct details.

(Edited once for mongtype)

EgyptianPTInstructor said:
I can personnaly recommend a tribute band called, WINGSBANNED.

They are, as the name suggests, a McCartney/Beatles tribute band, and they are playing at the Beatles Festival this weekend. They headlined at the Cavern last night.

The fact that I have roadied for them doesnt make me biased at all, they are bloody good!

Their line-up includes a guy who used to play drums for Mud.

Let me know if you want some conatct details.

(Edited once for mongtype)

Cheers mucker, compiling a list for the mess members before a decision. :wink:

I've spoken to a friend of mine Bill Relyea who is a stand up comic and also has a radio show at Charlton athletic ( that or Palace) and he's happy for me to pass his details on
have a look at
www.billrelyea.com

or e-mail him at billrelyea@yahoo.co.uk

funny bloke, old school. Good luck

If it's any help' I used to knob a girl whose husband used to go on tour around the SGT's mess's in Germany.
Oh how I laughed all the way to the STD Clinic. Taart, could'nt have a drink for a month. Explain that one to the wife. 8O :cry: :roll:

Can't remember the band name, but apparentley they were very good.

Jethro !

Try for a "help for heroes" discount and see if he wants some good publicity!

Look up the Invisible Dog, they are an awesome live band.

If your looking for a Madness tribute, take a look at Baggy Trousers, based in South Wales but dont hold that against them.

If you are looking for a magician, this guy is absolutely brilliant.

http://www.doesthetrick.com/

Watch one of his tricks on line, to give you an idea.