Comedian

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by OLDBIGHEAD, Aug 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mornin'

Seeing as summer has failed to attend again, i might as well start thinking about Crimbo, particularly the Mess do. Last year's entertainment was dire, so i was wondering if any arrsers could recommend Comedians/Acts that they've seen or booked and even ones to avoid.
    Id like to book Jim Jefferies but i dont think mess funds would stretch. :lol:

I also wanted Madness tribute band BADNESS, but theyre unsurprisingly busy. Absolutely awesome if you get the chance 8)

2. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

The Glitter Band is free for xmas

3. You B*stard!!!! :D :D :clap: OMSL :D :D

edited to add; see what you did? Made me do mong shpelling PMSL!!!!

4. :p Be an idea though eh ? Bet i could get them cut price, and there wouldnt be much temptation, as its not as if its a family day. He might get flashbacks if he spots some of the little ghurka women cleaners :lol:

5. I can personnaly recommend a tribute band called, WINGSBANNED.

They are, as the name suggests, a McCartney/Beatles tribute band, and they are playing at the Beatles Festival this weekend. They headlined at the Cavern last night.

The fact that I have roadied for them doesnt make me biased at all, they are bloody good!

Their line-up includes a guy who used to play drums for Mud.

Let me know if you want some conatct details.

(Edited once for mongtype)

6. Cheers mucker, compiling a list for the mess members before a decision. :wink:

7. I've spoken to a friend of mine Bill Relyea who is a stand up comic and also has a radio show at Charlton athletic ( that or Palace) and he's happy for me to pass his details on
    have a look at
    www.billrelyea.com

or e-mail him at billrelyea@yahoo.co.uk

funny bloke, old school. Good luck

8. If it's any help' I used to knob a girl whose husband used to go on tour around the SGT's mess's in Germany.
    Oh how I laughed all the way to the STD Clinic. Taart, could'nt have a drink for a month. Explain that one to the wife. 8O :cry: :roll:

9. Can't remember the band name, but apparentley they were very good.

10. Try for a "help for heroes" discount and see if he wants some good publicity!

11. Can't deny he's good.

But you'd need to provide subtitles for the audience.

12. Look up the Invisible Dog, they are an awesome live band.

13. Accident and emergency are class strimmers over there bollox nails up the nose and the like