Come to Denmark, we have amnesiac sluts.......seemingly.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tartan_Terrier, Sep 14, 2009.

?
  1. No

10.0%
  2. Yes

70.0%
  3. What's Denmark?

20.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Take a look at this video:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/862711/danish-womans-one-night-stand-a-hoax

This was originally posted on YouTube, and purports to be a Danish woman who's had a one night stand with someone and got pregnant, and then given birth to a baby boy. Unfortunately though, she doesn't remember the father's name, where he's from, or what he looks like.....

Bizarre as this may seem, the video, and website were actually an advertising campaign for the Danish Tourist board! Obviously they felt that there weren't enough single male tourists in Denmark, because otherwise I can't see it being a major crowd puller.

"Daddy, Daddy can we go to Denmark on holiday, they've got sluts there" just doesn't ring true to me. I reckon Legoland is likely to be a bigger attraction for families.

Also, any bloke suggesting to the wife that they go to Denmark on holiday is going to get shot down in flames, as it's obvious that they only want to go for some no-strings sex.

What really gets my goat though, is the fact that I've actually paid for this nonsense to be made, well me and all the other tax payers ( it cost 1.6 million, or so I gather).

Interesting article on the subject:

http://mashable.com/2009/09/14/danish-woman-video-hoax/

What do you reckon? Does it make you more likely to visit Denmark?

T_T

2. Got to keep it quick mate, my flight has just been called. Pick me up yeah?

3. No.I don't get it.

4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I spent some time in Denmark in the late 60s, in Aarhuus (sp?) and other places. I always found the young ladies most charming and very accomodating. But it's me that can't recall the names. However, in answer, I would return but not because of the advert. I haven't been able to see it. Yet.

5. They do seem to have shot themselves in the foot somewhat but it won't change my opinion of Denmark. They always seem to be a bit quirky and it's the only place I've been to where after chatting up a bird in a bar (in Vordingborg), I was offered the 'services' of her baby sitter and also the only place where I've had to defend myself physically (in Holstebro) against a bunch of (so-called) pacifists. :roll:

My dad also greatly appreciated (as did I), the topless bathing on Rømø. :wink:

7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Wonderful! Loved it. Went from Kiel on big sailing boat. Had fabulous times.

8. I was there in 76, forget the name of the exercise, we had one day of, a saturday and the place shut for half day at 12:30. just a bar and the sex shop open. had a wonderfull time......... I think. hic