Come Dine With Me

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Norfolknchance, May 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst I was being bored with the England-Mexico match last night, the present missus was watching this poor excuse for a TV show. Come Dine With Me (so-called "Celebrity" Edition) had Michael (up yer bum) Barrymore, Anthea (more plastic than an Airfix model) Redfearn and 2 fukking non-entities behaving like spoilt school children, generally insulting each other and throwing food and plates all over the place. The other female wasn't half bad looking so she could warm a slice of toast between her lips for me :p but the other 3 are nothing more than spoilt has-beens.

Anyone else unfortunate enough to see this pile of poop? Who picks the tripe for these shows? :twisted:

2. Worth watching, merely for the voice over/commentary from Dave Lamb.

3. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Once in a while it does show someone making a decent fist of throwing a dinner party, but otherwise it's good for seeing carcrash TV as the cook forgets an important part of their recipe and it all goes horribly wrong for them.

4. Did you see the one where Peter Stringfellows sink collapsed when he piled all the pots in it?

5. Roy, you may gather from my initial post that this programme is not on my list of "must watch shows" but I can imagine the carnage after a sinkful of pots and pans come crashing down.

I admit that if it's on and the present missus is watching it, I'll look up evey now and again to see if the grub's up to much but I was commenting on the fact that the imbeciles on last night need a good talking-to by a grown-up.

6. I belive that under some pc E and D channel 4 rule,the every programme has to have a gentleman who "bats for the other side".
    During the dinner party they have a look round each others pads,in one they opened this girls drawer and held up her "toys" to the camera!

7. His entire flat looked as if it was a show home and had never been used.

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

My bold - you make that sound like she is about to be changed for this year's model. 8)

9. Having seen a reasonable amount of this programme, the 'Celebrity' editions are utter, utter tonk. It seems the celebs generally behave like spoilt infants and usually come across as being complete arrses, which they normally are. The regular episodes using the Great British unwashed are hugely more entertaining.

Is it because the nature of celebrity is to be a loud, irritating, attention grabbing tw@, attempting to outdo and upstage each other, name drop like a bastard and try to be as outrageous as possible in the vain hope they might get a few extra column inches in Hello magazine? What a bunch of cnuts.

Dave Lamb is a genius though. Without him this was just be another godawful cookery programme.

10. Absolutely agree. It's the reason why I watch it, as it certainly isn't for the cooking!

11. It depends on her behaviour in the foreseeable future Auld Yin. Step out of line just once lady and you're history. :p

12. Its TV for cünts, made by cünts.

13. Dave Lamb is an absolute star and I'm sure the show is made just for his rants. However I also like watching when the contestants make an absolute hash of things. Couldn't give a toss about the actually cooking.

14. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

That Barrymore bloke would have been slung out if he'd deliberately dropped a plate at my place.... mind you, I wouldn't have invited the cnut anyway... unless I had a swimming pool and I'd invite him to go swimming. :x

15. Why on earth would you do that? Youd end up feeling a tad bloated.... :twisted: