Come and See UK DVD release

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Vegetius, May 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Come and See is possibly one of the best war movies ever made. It is set in Belarus in WW2 as seen through the eyes of a young partisan. It is an electrifying piece of cinema; I've never seen anything quite like it before or since.

It now has it's first UK DVD release with lots of extras and the option of English language dubbing. A ridiculous bargain at £13.99 at HMV.

Just a quick heads up for those who might see it and wonder if it's worth picking up, because it definitely is in my humble opinion.

Cheers

Veg

2. Veg

Thanks. I`ve had it on my list of DVDs to get ,but not been able to find it on general release in UK.

IMDB.COM is a very site for film reviews etc. It receives 8.6/10 on that site.

3. I bought it from CD Wow for £12.99 less the 50p vouchers they give you with each purchase. :wink:

4. You must see this film - As Veg says , one of the best ever made.

5. "And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    " REV.6.7

Superb film!

6. Top Tip

Watch the Extras before the main feature. Puts it into context.

7. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

you can find it easily enough on E-bay I got a copy last year anyone who fancies a copy errmm loan of it drop me a PM 8)