Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Come and have a go if you think you're funny enough

Ciggie

GCM
View attachment 524294

Font type can be important
Years ago I was in a pub in Cantebury near the cathedral one morning and as it was quiet I got into conversation with the barman...it got round, for some reason, to foreigners not really grasping English. He produced the instructions for the assembly of a cabinet for a Japanese electric organ. There was an exploded diagram with numerous arrows pointing to different spots, each clearly marked ' Fuck here' :) :) :)

Daz

LE
Years ago I was in a pub in Cantebury near the cathedral one morning and as it was quiet I got into conversation with the barman...it got round, for some reason, to foreigners not really grasping English. He produced the instructions for the assembly of a cabinet for a Japanese electric organ. There was an exploded diagram with numerous arrows pointing to different spots, each clearly marked ' **** here' :) :) :)
Instructions for a certain well known DIY expert, late of this site I suspect

Daz

LE
Come on Diego, one more drink won't hurt...
127233001_10225168788473291_5503870813039889169_o.jpg

Daz

LE
Tell me more !!! As someone with legal experience perhaps on PM would be best, but I'm intrigued ;)
Just search for the threads he started ....at your own risk :)

Years ago I was in a pub in Cantebury near the cathedral one morning and as it was quiet I got into conversation with the barman...it got round, for some reason, to foreigners not really grasping English. He produced the instructions for the assembly of a cabinet for a Japanese electric organ. There was an exploded diagram with numerous arrows pointing to different spots, each clearly marked ' **** here' :) :) :)
That’s what you get when you use on-line translation instead of humans.
You won’t find stupid, machine errors on the multi-lingual signs at car parks in the centre of Canterbury, I can assure you.
Indeed, some of the original English had to be corrected first!

Daz

LE
That’s what you get when you use on-line translation instead of humans.
You won’t find stupid, machine errors on the multi-lingual signs at car parks in the centre of Canterbury, I can assure you.
Indeed, some of the original English had to be corrected first!
You do in Wales

_45162744_-2.jpg

The English is clear enough to lorry drivers - but the Welsh reads "I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated." When officials asked for the Welsh translation of a road sign, they thought the reply was what they needed.

Daz

LE
Blame the machine for this one
_41436381_sign_walesnews_203.jpg

Cyclists were left confused by a bilingual road sign telling them they had problems with an inflamed bladder.
The "cyclists dismount" sign between Penarth and Cardiff became "llid y bledren dymchwelyd" in Welsh - literally "bladder inflammation upset" (or tip or overturn).

The Vale of Glamorgan Council said new signs were being made.

It is possible that an online translation led to confusion between cyclists and cystitis.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
1606593435214.png

IWM caption : Pilot Officer Kennedy of No. 47 Squadron RAF Detachment inspects the damage to his Vickers Wellesley, K7715 'KU-H', at Agordat, Eritrea, after he was attacked by two Fiat CR 42s while on a bombing sortie over Keren on 25 March 1941. His air gunner, Sergeant German, was mortally wounded and the port wing was set on fire. Kennedy executed a vertical dive to put out the flames and returned to the Detachment's base at Agordat, where he crashed on landing.

Alternatively: Those Arabs will nick anything.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
1606665472859.png

Hear that this year everbody's putting up their Christmas tree early.

I love teh smell of fresh pine.