Combined Services vs Barbarians, live, BFBS1, 2000CET tonite

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by BFBS, Nov 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 20:00 BFBS Sport: Combined Services v Barbarians
    The annual Poppy Day Match commemorating the fallen. From the Home of Plymouth Albion.
  2. What channel is this going to be on in the UK then, or have I missed it :?
  3. Sorry Iron, only BFBS TV covered it, and as you know we can only broadcast overseas. Sorry.
  4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Just a thought, Oh Great Site Sponsor, has BFBS thought of putting BFBS Reports out on commercial telly?
  5. Not all of us can drop everything and go down to Guzz to watch this game. :(

Is there any way of hearing a commentary online?
  6. We have thought about putting Reports on a shared channel on the Sky platform, but as ever it's a question of money. :( Now that we put the main stories from Reports on the website in bite-size chunks, at least people can watch any particular stories which interest them - such as our interview with Panorama 'Taking on the Taleban' reporter Ben Anderson last night. Got to click on BFBS Reports, then click on Watch BFBS Reports.

Putting BFBS Reports on a UK channel, wouldn't have helped with last night's live coverage of the CS v Babas match, alas.
  7. Does anyone know the score?

And is it being repeated? I missed it last night as the 3 and a half hour difference meant it was well past my bed time. :roll: Just like the Wasps Munster game at the weekend :censored: .

Also being a rugby fan amongst the heathen pagans who follow football is also slightly galling and slightly dangerous when using the EFI! I knew there was a reason I got issued that body armour and helmet. :relax:
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Fair enough, It just seems a shame that we cant get the programme out to the great unwashed. It wouldn't hurt PR.
  9. That's a good idea, something I'll look into for next year. I suppose you've heard that Combined Services won in injurytime . :bounce:
  10. Definitely not shelved as an idea.
  11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Oh Goodie....Can I have a prize?
  12. I can't seem to find anything online about the match, like the final score, who was actually and if as per the norm some of our boys were playing for the Baa-Baas.

I think a podcast of the commentary for future fixtures of this and the tiny annual May fixture would probably also be enjoyed by the guys in different time zones and unable to listen/watch the game for its entire duration.

And again will it be repeated on BFBS?

Edited to add found this brief link
  13. Our sports producer has just landed back at base from Plymouth, and will be doing a match report on the BFBS website as soon as he gets his coat off.

There'll also be a report on tomorrow evening's BFBS Reports, which you will be able to watch online.

I'm afraid we won't be repeating the whole match.

There were on the hour reports on BFBS Radio, which you can listen to in the UK on Sky Guide Number 0211.

The Army Navy game in May will be on Sky Sports 2 and the BFBS Navy channel, more details nearer the time.
  14. A brief match report is now online.

Go to

then click on 'BFBS Sport' in the righthand column

then click on 'Results' at top left
  15. It was The Matelot who had the good idea...