COMBATS AND WEBBING NEEDED - KOREAN, 60 pat, Trials CS 95.

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by General Melchett, Jun 17, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I am searching for the 60 pattern combats in Green and DPM (both same style not the 69 pat DPM) or the Korean era green combats and CW parkas, hats as well. Any 72 pat webbing (Nylon 58 pat). Also any TRIALS PLCE webbing (press studded sort) and CS 95 clothing. Any size or condition considered. PM me with details and to discuss payment.

Cheers kids.

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Genl. M,

But why??? I have some of what you speak in my loft (though if you can define the diff between 68 adn 69 pattern DPM I'd appreciate it). But most importantly why do you want it???

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Filbert Fox has an assortment of 37 pat webbing- PM him!

4. I think the 68 to 69 had a different collasr. One had sone waffle stitching on it. No joke!

As you seem to be a spotter about combats, can you please tell me the "real" use of that small "Right side , groin area pocket" on the old
    pre CS95 DPM trousers.

Ta

5. FFD or 20 B and H

6. General Melchett

Yes, the green combats and first DPMs had stitching on the collar, elbow patches, and bellows lower pockets. They were also very well made out of heavy cotton.

The pocket you speak of was for a FFD, and was introduced to combat trousers in 1937 with the advent of Battledress. Prior to this the FFD had been carried in a pocket on the inside lower part of the tunic.

7. Thats where you kept your fags ,if you smoked, or your condoms if you're lucky
    8) 8) 8)

8. General Melchett

Why not. I collect British uniforms from 1900-present. The combats after battledress were used as "work" wear by civvies so they are hard to find and noone really collects them. The korean stuff is difficult to get hold of and an under collected area of British military history.

9. I know I was always told it was for the FFd but believe its original purpose was for the Officer and Gentleman to keep his FOB watch in. Before we used to obtain the old GS watch .

10. cheers for that you wind up merchant :lol:

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Right angle torch???

12. you can put a ffd in the pocket but not reccomended unless you like you r bollocks being wacked

13. And the fags got crushed!

Most upsetting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. General Melchett

Just resurecting this old thread due to a lack of response last time.

Get digging in the loft.

:)

15. I may be able to get you some of the old issue combats in Olive, If I remember the local Cadet unit has some in its stores! I will ask about....

If you want / need to see all the different issue clothing and equipment that has been issued since WW2, the RM at Lympstone Commando Training depot, have kept a set all all equipment that has ever been issued in their stores :)

As well as 72 Pattern, they also have some very strange Battlevests, as well as many different sets of uniform.

Regards