Combat Underpants

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by error_unknown, May 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Over the years I've trialled a number of different styles of underpant on exercise and operations, finally settling on some very nice fake Calvin Klein 'trunks' which the lovely Mrs chickenpunk bought me in Ludlow market: very good value at £1 per pack of three. Having said that, the sad fact is that whatever style I wear, within a few days of deployment they're always in the same state: the gusset looks like the starting grid at Brands Hatch whilst the front is a lurid crunchy yellow. After a week or so of wear, these are generally consigned to the bottom of the bergan, where they lie - occasionally growling irritably - until the end of the exercise or deployment.

What style of pants are favoured by ARRSErs? I was taken aback whilst on Saif Sareea a couple of years back to see a number of thongs hanging up amongst the washing in the sleeps area at Div HQ and, while I applaud the spirit of the plucky young ladies wearing them, it struck me that the 'string' bit must get pretty ripe, particularly in the desert heat. I wondered whether it might actually be possible to brew a variety of 'beef tea' from them. Thoughts anyone?

2. 307

307 War Hero

Trunks all the way or cycling shorts. Trunks keep your meat and 2 veg nice and secure when legging it on a fire and manoeuvere, they just fit well, because of the fit they don tide up your arrse or anything like that either, happy days! Although I know a growing number who think that commando is the way ahead.

3. Bullet proof pants, 307? :D :lol:

Cp, the thongs that the girls wear probably won't get as manky as the under-crackers that you blerks wear because girls tend to change their lingerie more regularly than once every 5 weeks... :wink:

4. Why?

5. What, no one wearing the army issue green undies (skiddies) anymore. :p

6. I favour the wonderful Primark boxers (costing about £1 each). Very hard wearing, snug and comfortable fit, and, as they aren't white, don't show the rigours of use that Calvin Kleins do (or ersatz versions thereof).

The one thing I have noticed however, is that they do go missing quite a lot. Every girlfriend I have had as far back as I can remember (including the soon to be Mrs Tubby) has stolen pairs of boxers from me. Apparently they are very comfortable to sleep in! I even lost several pairs of "old faithfuls" that I could still just squeeze into so that Mrs Tubby could wear them under her combats.

Some men travel the world leaving illegitimate offspring with women everywhere. I just leave my boxers.

7. Coz we're not out to prove our Alpha-male-hetero-tigerishness by competing for 'The Biggest and Most Fragrant Wheel-Spin'! :D :lol:

8. But you ruin the flavour...

9. At risk of offending the Royal Military Fashion Police, I'd be a lot happier wearing a pair of these on Ops to keep my bits safe.

the new cK = combat kevlar
    [​IMG]

10. HI CAN I RECOMMEND THESE BOXERSHORTS FOR YOU

The Tiger boxer from Versace is fashioned in a light stretch fabric ensuring a close fitting look. The design features an eye-catching tiger skin print pattern along with an Aztec style pattern adorning the waistband

THEY ARE A LITTLE BIT EXPENSIVE AT £65 FOR ONE PAIR OF SHORTS , BUT THESE ARE THE TYPE I WOULD BUY FOR MY GUY

11. Feck of ya useless cunt :evil:

12. Your guy won't need boxer shorts if he's just been spread halfway across Maysan province, now will he?

13. YOU ARE DIGUSTING

14. how come you can spell now and your caps lock isnt stuck anymore?
    is your guy a poof or are you really this stupid.

ffs yannie are you surprised that you get abuse when you post sh1t like this?

ok back to shreddies......

15. Is that a mispelling of 'digesting'? If so, you're absolutely right as I finished my lunch only an hour or two back.