Combat & Survival Mag - Marshall & Cavendish Original

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by brownz, Feb 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, on clearing out the attic last week I come across a box from many years ago.
    Inside are 99 issues of "A Marshall & Cavendish Military Manual In Weekly Parts".
    Combat and Survival Magazine from 1989.
    All issues are there from 1 to 100 bar 98, I have no idea where number 98 went !
    Are they worth anything to anyone - should I ebay them ?
    They are pretty much immaculate.
    Am open to offers - but I won't post (fekin evvy innit!)- buyer collects from Grove 12m South of Oxford.
    fodder@brownz.org

2. Do all the pages open easily?

3. I can talk - I've got the full set somewhere apart from one or two issues that the newsagent is "still chasing up".

4. Ahh..... these are a totally different beast to the publication above.

These were a weekly issue building up to a comprehensive 100 issue Field Manual.

Its a superb reference covering all aspects of training, equipment, fieldcraft etc etc

I'll do a bit of digging to find out some more info.

Cheerz Anyway.

5. I amlooking for 3 issues to complete my set. Wuld you consider letting issues 97 and 99 go seperately?

6. how much for 97-98 and 99? i see a selling opportunity here. ive got a complete set and will break up if people want!! not for numpty money of course!!

7. I started collecting these in about '86 ISTR they were about a pound each then. No idea what happened to my collection, maybe in an attic somewhere

8. I need 97, 98 and 99. Now remember that I am in New Zealand where our money is worth bugger all. Any UK price you put on these I have to triple it to get NZ dollar equivalent. So name a price and let's see if it is affordable for us poor colonials.